Polies per sec in OGL ES 2.0

insidol

Still Fresh
Hey guys me again. i was reading up the specs of the GPU on the Pandora and i was wondering if the 10million polygons per second were calculated out of or in Open GL ES 2.x. Because i mean if it's out of Open GL ES then the framerate can go up by about 3~4 times and polygons per second also..probably... Let me know guys.

(oh fudge wrong section again... i really should get some sleep, please be lenient)

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, there is no exact way to say. Even when you see these on some real console specs, changes are they are just unfiltered/untextured or static triangles with nothing rendered on screen and then just took the number out of that, so there really is no real way to get exact number. The thing here is that it all depends on what you are doing and you are much more likely going to hit fill rate limit, then anything doing with triangle limit. And this keeps changing when you do non-static objects or use shaders where cycles become important, etc... etc...

To get some idea what Pandora's GPU could do check out Iphone 3GS or something other with same SGX.

Besides, the Pandora's SoC runs the GPU with only 110MHz, those values are @200MHz

AFAIK the 3GS has a SGX 535, which is quite a bit faster than the SGX 530 aswell.

Back