Pokemon Trading Card Game (gbc)

A

Aaaaaaaa

Many of you might think that pokemon is for kids. And you're right. However, this dosn't make the pokemon series bad games. I personally don't like pokemon the cartoon, but this game is great!

Overview

Pokemon Trading Card for gbc is an rpg, where, of corse you battle trading cards.
You don't need any prior knowlege of the game or of pokemon, so this makes it a game for anyone! The game starts off with a tutorial, which you can't skip, teaching you how to play.

Once you have finished the tutorial, you are left to your own devices, and to defeat the leaders of each of the gyms.

Unlike most RPGS, there isn't "expereience" as such, only the expereiance you get as a person for playing. Instead, by beating other players, you get booster packs, giving you more cards, therefore you can configure your deck to your liking.

This game still uses the origional series' "rock, paper, sisors" style of play, as one pokemon element has the upper hand over another, which is another inscentive to configure your deck.

Graphics

The graphocs are good for the gbc. I like to use Fgb32, and therefore get the option to stretch to screen. I think the 1.5X1.5 setting is the best.

there are a few animations, and I think the pictures of the pokemon are rather good.

110.png

Sound

The music is nice and cheerful, making for lighthearted play. But, the game actually runs too fast on fgb32, and requires slowing down if you want to take full advantage of the music

There are many sound effects, for when attacking

Gameplay

This game is a good "pick up and play game" as there are many people to battle, and once you defeat them, you can still play again.

Unfortunately, two features are lost

1) Card pop - the ability to gain new cards using the gbc's IR connection
2) The ability to play against others - untill rlyeh makes use of the RF connection for GP32

Lastability

This game lasts as long as you want to play it. You can keep adding more and more cards to your collection, and altering your deck, to create the perfect one.

A very good player dosn't always win, as sometimes, it is down to luck of the draw., so its an incentive to create a balanced deck, with good combos

Overall

this game is worth of 8.5 out of 10

Taking all aspects into account, this seemed like the best Idea

Well after you fight ecveryone, you can only fight the elite 4 again on the normal games, so it gets boring catchin pokemon withought a cause

yeah pkmn rox my sox, im atm playing pkmn leaf green on the gba :D
the card game was also very much fun :) - you gotta try it, just like red/green/yellow and silver/gold on fgb32 if you still havent played it :)
(but dont forget dragon quest monsters....)

It's not dragon warrior monsters.

Excuse me whilst I type in caps

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A A TRANSLATION OF POKEMON TRADING CARD GAME 2, WOULD U PLEASE PM ME WITH THE URL OR POST IT HERE?

Deleted User posted on Oct 21 2004 at 09:12 PM said:
It's not dragon warrior monsters.

Excuse me whilst I type in caps

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A A TRANSLATION OF POKEMON TRADING CARD GAME 2, WOULD U PLEASE PM ME WITH THE URL OR POST IT HERE?

i never said that pkmn card game would be DQM ;) , I just think its also a great monster-collecting game and something you just have to play on your gp32 or on your gbc :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh sorry, that came out wrong.

What i meant to say was, "is it not called dragon warrior monsters?"; as u called it dragon quest monsters...

sorry for the misunderstanding

Many of you might think that pokemon is for kids. And you're right. However, this dosn't stop the pokemon series from being bad games.

So their Bad? XD

Good Review, i loved the game when it came out ^^

errrmmm no,
in europa its called Dragon Quest Monsters (100% sure, got the original in german :p ), in the U.S Dragon Warrior Monsters and in japan.... i dont know, but i think also Dragon Warrior Monsters

I love this game. The only downside for me was that once finished the game leaves you wanting more but unless you have someone else to battle with you don't have a whole lot left to do. I do go back to the game occasionally to battle that strange character with the rare cards but apart from that I'm just wishing they would bring out a new version.

they did. its japanese.

They never made an english version, however, there is a partial patch. But thew guy who makes it needs a translator to help her...

I thought the game was great when I first got it. but no one I met had it so it was kind of pointless after I beat it. it is kind of like that with all the pokemon games. you beat it and then there isn't a reason to play it anymore.(except if you are going to try and get every single FREAKIN pokemon) :lol: Good review btw.

5 years ago when i 1st got pokemon red, everyone had it, so there were loads of people to battle and trade with. It was well fun!

well I got my first pokemon game about two years ago but all I had was a gameboy pocket and I didn't really meat many people and then everybody had a gba. that sucked because they all had ruby and stuff I i was still stuck pokemon yellow. stupid ruby game. <_< :D

I bought the original Pokemon Red when it first came out in stores and a few of the newer games over the years. The problem for me is that I'm classed as an adult ( :lol: ) so you can't exactly go around asking people if they've ever played it and do they want to battle. ;)

the translation is only partial, so far.

I loved the pokemon tcg game for gameboy. I remeber working really hard and earning enouight money to buy it in a few days. I got it and it was great. but then i lent it to my friend and he pawned it... bastard, along with some other games too. but now i can play it on my gp32, but i still hate that bastard!! :angry:

Back