Pocketable or Comfortable

Should the Pandora 2 try to be pocketable, or should it try to be comfortable to hold?

• Pocketable

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Comfortable to hold

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Both - Compromise

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Both - No compromise (Please post a design or example)

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Neither - This view of P2 design is wrong.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

It depends on the angle you use it at.

If you use it vertically (while reclining on the sofa or something) then gravity pulls it into your palms

I personally feel that it's about as comfortable as it can get for a handheld computer.  I may have bigger hands than most, but ergonomically it just works for me.  I've been pleasantly surprised by almost all of the aspects of the P1.  I read waaaay too much into the complaints of posters (here) before I bought the device.  I would agree with Grench though, that making the "P2" a bit more slimmer would allow for even more freedom - stowing in an upper pocket or something.  I guess that you're never going to please everyone, but the P1 was/is an impressive machine for all that it does.

The only way that it could get better, is to reduce the weight some...make it slimmer...OR have a radical redesign which would make the unit even more balanced.  Something like a PSP 2000/Vita, where the screen is in the "middle" of the unit.  The gaming controls would have to be on the left/right sides...and the "keyboard" would have to be a "iCP2" ("connected via bluetooth), or a physically attached keyboard that folds backwards underneath the unit.  Ergonomically, that would feel the most comfortable I guess for "gamers"...

I personally feel that it's about as comfortable as it can get for a handheld computer.  I may have bigger hands than most, but ergonomically it just works for me.  I've been pleasantly surprised by almost all of the aspects of the P1.  I read waaaay too much into the complaints of posters (here) before I bought the device.  I would agree with Grench though, that making the "P2" a bit more slimmer would allow for even more freedom - stowing in an upper pocket or something.  I guess that you're never going to please everyone, but the P1 was/is an impressive machine for all that it does.

The only way that it could get better, is to reduce the weight some...make it slimmer...OR have a radical redesign which would make the unit even more balanced.  Something like a PSP 2000/Vita, where the screen is in the "middle" of the unit.  The gaming controls would have to be on the left/right sides...and the "keyboard" would have to be a "iCP2" ("connected via bluetooth), or a physically attached keyboard that folds backwards underneath the unit.  Ergonomically, that would feel the most comfortable I guess for "gamers"...
The PSP and the like that have an always exposed screen and/or are too big to fit in a pocket completely miss the mark for me.  But then I use my Pandora as much or more for it's computer use as I do for entertainment.

Back