Release PNDTools

I released an update for PNDTools (Version 0.7.3):

• Fixed errors in the PXML created by the PXMLCreator, discovered by namco in this thread
  • Added a few licenses
  • Changed PXMLCreator to follow the PXML specification more closely in terms of optional elements: things like leaving out the description will now throw a warning instead of an error (PXML may still be created. The program just urges you to include a description for your own good)
  • Fixed error when loading GIF images as icon or screenshot
  • Other minor improvements to the PXMLCreator and other parts of the app
DOWNLOAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi a little Request for PND_Tools:

Have you encrypted the PND in any Way?
I was not able to open it with the PNDtools to have a little view inside it ;)
I'm using xz compressed squashfs (just like for StarCraft) to save space taken up by wine. unsquashfs on Linux can decompress it fine.
Can you please add a xz combatible squashfs into your genious PNDTOOLS? ;) :D

Can you please add a xz combatible squashfs into your genious PNDTOOLS? ;) :D
I found a compiled version of squashtools 4.3 with lzma (and xy) compatibility, which I am currently testing. If no regression bugs show up, I will release a new version. (This one does open the Diablo PND)

You can find a beta version with the new squashtools attached (and nothing else changed). You can help me test for bugs by opening and creating a few (test) PNDs with that version (see if PNDs that could be opened before cannot anymore or if there are errors creating your PNDs, etc.). That would save me some time.

PNDTools.zip

Attachments

• PNDTools.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 407
Wow i downloaded it and Report will come soon.

I realy use PNDTools often,good Software for creating,opening PNDs ;)

Many Thx from me ;)

Edit:

Used it for adding the "--auto-animate" Command to ZGV.pnd for viewing Animated Gif Files.

ZGV is XZ Compressed and the older PNDTools did not decompress and recompress it ^_^

Work fine here,thx again :D

Hi there .. is there any sort of battle-tested OSX way of dealing with PND files? I'm away from my Linux machine and want to unpack PandOricutron, replace a couple files, and repackage it.. So, OSX pnd_tools somewhere?

Hi there .. is there any sort of battle-tested OSX way of dealing with PND files? I'm away from my Linux machine and want to unpack PandOricutron, replace a couple files, and repackage it.. So, OSX pnd_tools somewhere?

@Wally is the only one I really know that deals with the Mac, so maybe he knows.... My work laptop is a Mac, but I deal with all the PND building on Linux with a virtual machine and use the tools bundled with sebt3's cross compiler.

Yeah I guess using squashfs directly is your best shot at the moment.

If you really need a GUI, someone could try compiling PNDTools with Lazarus and port it over to Linux and Mac. I have taken some steps to make it Lazarus compatible, but I have not tested it in quite a while.
Also I don't own a Mac and currently do not have a Linux environment set up to do or test any cross-compilation of PNDTools.

Sorry, if that is not the straight-forward answer you were looking for.

Ah cool, thanks chaps .. missing detail was indeed the use of squashfs, should've known its as simple as a bit of homebrew .. no GUI required, this is all I need to update PandoraOricutron .. thanks!
[doublepost=1463400138,1463400062][/doublepost]
Yeah I guess using squashfs directly is your best shot at the moment.
If you really need a GUI, someone could try compiling PNDTools with Lazarus and port it over to Linux and Mac. I have taken some steps to make it Lazarus compatible, but I have not tested it in quite a while.

Sounds interesting, actually, I've got Lazarus set up on OSX and Linux, if you point me towards a repo, I'd be happy to have a look at it..

Ah cool, thanks chaps .. missing detail was indeed the use of squashfs, should've known its as simple as a bit of homebrew .. no GUI required, this is all I need to update PandoraOricutron .. thanks!
[doublepost=1463400138,1463400062][/doublepost]

Sounds interesting, actually, I've got Lazarus set up on OSX and Linux, if you point me towards a repo, I'd be happy to have a look at it..
You can find the repo here: https://github.com/foxblock/PNDTools

I am very busy right now, though (hence my long reply time). Any problem you might run into might take a while for me to fix. So I don't expect you to put any time into this.
Sorry about that. However, I greatly appreciate any help with porting!

Found the repo, dug through it a bit - I guess you haven't set up a Lazarus project for it yet? Which I started to do, but did not finish yet .. so .. yeah .. about those lag times .. ;)

Found the repo, dug through it a bit - I guess you haven't set up a Lazarus project for it yet? Which I started to do, but did not finish yet .. so .. yeah .. about those lag times .. ;)
You are right... damn totally forgot I have not set-up a project file for that.
I was sure I included a file with compilation direction though. Looking through the code now, this does not seem to be the case either :/ It has been too long...

The external dependencies are as follows:
GraphicEx - http://www.soft-gems.net/index.php/libs/graphicex-library - Version 9.9 - used for diplaying images, like icons and screenshots (could probably be replaced with something equivalent)
Virtual TreeView - http://www.soft-gems.net/index.php/controls/virtual-treeview - Version 5.1.2 - used for the main file tree and a bunch of other stuff (probably not easily replaceable, since it is tightly integrated in the rest of the code)
Then a bunch of the default Delphi stuff. Lazarus probably has replacements for this, dunno if they are drop-in replacements or need tinkering.
EDIT: And then there are the external tools I call:
squashFS - for opening and creating squashed PNDs
cygwin chmod - to set linux file attributes on the file before packing them to a PND
7z - to open iso files (could probably roll my own isoFS lib, but I was too lazy to do that...)
These are not needed to compile PNDTools, but the program is rather useless without them (well you can still create PXML files).
You can find some more info about them in the Help --> About dialog in the main menu, as well as the options menu of PNDTools.

From my own code especially ShellStuff.pas needs to be ported. It's only three generic functions though. Solutions for mac/linux probably exist on the web.

Last edited:
ShellStuff.pas seems to be the easy part .. the other deps, not so easy .. anyway you wanna meet on IRC?

Back