Release PNDTools

lso I finally added proper licensing information to the source code: PNDTools is now officially licensed under the GPLv3

Download the latest version here.

Now only non-PNG images and ISO filesystem support is missing and we have a 1.0 release (also wine-less Linux support.... oh well, somebody willing to look into that? :p )
Hum, one day I may try to port-it to the Pandora yes... When I have some free free-time.

I look forward to trying this when I finally get the new KeePassX to build :)

Thanks guys :) Feel free to post any feedback (positive or negative)

Has anybody used the new PXMLCreator (the helper UI, not the manual editor)? Is it clear what to do? How is the UI layout, etc.?

lso I finally added proper licensing information to the source code: PNDTools is now officially licensed under the GPLv3

Download the latest version here.

Now only non-PNG images and ISO filesystem support is missing and we have a 1.0 release (also wine-less Linux support.... oh well, somebody willing to look into that? :p )
Hum, one day I may try to port-it to the Pandora yes... When I have some free free-time.
That would be much appreciated, be warned though, a bunch of code is dependant on Windows stuff and would need to be rewritten (mostly shell related, like launching external programs).

I have encapsulated the code, so could simply port single functions without having to touch the rest of the program.

Also the UI will not fit on the Pandora's small screen and tbh I won't be willing to put much time into building a new "small" UI... (I am a lazy bastard).

Still, if you ever get around giving it a try, feel free to contact me and I may be able to help set up dependencies or explain parts of the code.

Cheers.

Another update:

• ISO-based PNDs are now loaded correctly (however you cannot create PNDs using the ISO filesystem, this is an arbitrary restriction I set to keep people from using this inferior filesystem)
  • Icons of a type other than PNG are correctly extracted from the PND (even through the specification does not allow for non-png icons and therefore PNDTools still only allows creating PNDs with png icons) - this is for possible future updates of the PND format
  • Internal components have been updated to the latest version
  • Added new menu item File->New to main menu (request by pmprog)
DOWNLOAD

Would it be possible to port this to Mac OS X?

As a native Cocoa app? Or as an X11 app (many Linux apps run as this on Mac) ?

No idea. It is using Delphi 7 and a few open-source components.

If there is Delphi for Mac, then a port might be possible, but I won't be the one to do it.

I was thinking about a FreePascal port (which in turn will enable Linux and probably Mac), but I have not looked into it much and probably won't in the near future.

A Linux port should be possible with Kylix (a few features will have to be removed or rewritten though).

I've attached Pandora Tools here. I don't know if it's the most recent version and I haven't used it since my old laptop died so I can't say if it works or not. It worked very well on Windows 7.

[EDIT] This is an outdated version of PNDTools and has been superseded.

PNDTools.zip

Attachments

• PNDTools.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm seems like @PokeParadox server died, I will contact him about that ASAP (I should just get my own server anyway).

The version iPrice uploaded is version 0.3.9, the most recent one is 0.7.0, so it's quite old (but it will probably work). I will try to find the time to package and upload the latest version tomorrow.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Version 0.7.1 of PNDTools is attached to this post (scroll down). (here is a mirror link, just in case: link)

THIS IS AN OLD VERSION, CHECK OUT FIRST POST/URL] FOR THE LATEST ONE (only download in case the original link is down)

Is v0.7.0 a significant improvement over 0.3.9? If so, it's definitely on my "To download" list :D :D
Version 0.7.0 definitely is an improvement. It adds a noob friendly graphical UI to create PXML files, adds the functionality to open iso-based PND files, fixes a lot of bugs, improves UI behaviour and includes updated schema and license files (amongst other things).

Check the changelog in the first post/URL] for a less abridged list of changes.

On a side-note, here is how I usually choose to apply version numbering:

I usually use three version digits separated by full stops: X.Y.Z.B

where X is the major version, an increment of X would mean a full rewrite, many major features added or generally complete overhaul of the program. Since PNDTools started with major version 0, setting X to 1 would mean I am happy with the functionality of the program and would call that version a gold/final release for the time being.

Y is the minor version, an increment of Y is a new feature or many bugfixes in one release. Since I only use single digits (I find version numbers like 1.10.1 confusing), Y will also be increased if Z reaches more than 9. It will be set back to 0 if X is increased.

Z is the release number, any minor bugfix release will increase Z, it will be set back to 0 if Y is incremented.

Sometimes I add a build number B, this will be a build counter and will increase every time I create a build for testing on my PC (B may be multiple digits).

I noticed I had some local changes and bugfixes, which I apparently never released, so here is a version 0.7.1.

It improves drag&drop behaviour, fixes a few minor bugs and adds a few license templates to the PXML Creator.

Find it attached to this post.

@ingoreis, @iprice, Thanks for linking versions during the down-time. Feel free to keep them up, but please mark them as outdated or old.

Ingo, does your PNDTools upload include some confidential information about an upcoming release by ptitseb or are you just trolling? :p

Also, many thanks for the kind words :)

PNDTools_v071.zip

Attachments

• PNDTools_v071.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 181
Since I only use single digits (I find version numbers like 1.10.1 confusing), Y will also be increased if Z reaches more than 9. It will be set back to 0 if X is increased.
Why not using a hexadecimal or even hexatridecimal system to obtain the one letter digits? ;)

Since I only use single digits (I find version numbers like 1.10.1 confusing), Y will also be increased if Z reaches more than 9. It will be set back to 0 if X is increased.
Why not using a hexadecimal or even hexatridecimal system to obtain the one letter digits? ;)
Well that's even worse and I hardly ever (read: never) needed to go that high anyway.

Well that's even worse and I hardly ever (read: never) needed to go that high anyway.
Sorry... Just thought you are counted among the cool kids. Obviously I was wrong. :p

Can I add another minor request please?

Could files included in the PND with extension .sh be automatically converted to unix line endings

@pmprog, I will be considering it, should be easy enough to implement.

However I am not sure whether this should be included in the functionality. PNDTools is mainly a packaging program, the package author should be responsible for the functionality of the application.

Then again, this is a pitfall I have come across many times myself building for the Pandora on Windows and it certainly is a nuisance, so maybe I can find a way to nicely integrate it into PNDTools.

Back