Please upvote the iControlPad2 KickStarter posts on Slashdot

hdonk

'cos it all helps towards the Pandora 2!

I have posted a new slashdot.org story. Please upvote it! Don't forget to log in first.

slashdot.org/firehose.pl

(Kickstarter for Open Source Bluetooth Games Controller and Keyboard)

Done.

even if that article is pretty horrible. doesn't explain anything about the iControlpad 2 and panders to a small demographic.. *ARGH* or doesn't mention that fact 800+ people have pledged for it

Last edited by a moderator:
might I just ask what this thread does on the pandora section?

might I just ask what this thread does on the pandora section?
Easy - if the kickstarter fails, Craig has suggested he might give up on the whole scene. So we want the KS to succeed.

Done.

even if that article is pretty horrible. doesn't explain anything about the iControlpad 2 and panders to a small demographic.. *ARGH* or doesn't mention that fact 800+ people have pledged for it
Thanks for volunteering to write the next submission. I'm not a PR guru.

nice, so let's recap,

lot of people complains that the pandora being completely outdated, what is the habitual response?

yes, show me a device with gaming controls an keyboard of that size... and there was no competitor, that was true for really long.

but now it's not true anymore, the pandora has a heavy concurrent... any phone using an ICP2.

but well, the ICP2 will raise money! I'm already hearing...

this ICP2 comes from a totally different company and even if it gets rich it has nothing to do with the pandora, I might imagine craig investing some of his personal gain into it's pandora company but that will take some time. the pandora needs some cash to be able to pay the next batch and the refund and it needs to sell new pandora to cover the loss, the major cash income comes from pandora sales, and on a short timeline, the only slight impact this ICP2 has is a loss of pandora sales... that's nice...

and it gets even better, we're now threaten to lose our money invested if we don't support this???

Sorry Elwig even with an iCP2 and a good smartphone it still can't do everything the Pandora can.

The only way it could is if I formatted my phone and put a real linux distro on it.. but then I wouldn't have a working phone.. And even then It still wouldn't have two SD slots and a great audio..

but then I wouldn't have a working phone..
TBH, I'm kind of surprised that the phone drivers used by Android haven't been adapted to work on "Linux", considering Android is a version of Linux...

It doesn't exist because they get deleted/moderated quickly. I think /. requires lots and lots of votes.. so Craig might need to consider posting an update to the pledges asking them to STORM the gates ;) if that's even allowed... 0_o

Back