Please port: YGOPRO (Yu-Gi-Oh client)

Hum, Ok, thanks for the link. I'll take a look. Looks very Windows to me... Usualy, I'm fine with this, but in this case, that will make things more difficult... I'll update this thread after a few test...

If you only need the files they're in the .7z data.

Project seems to be Windows friendly.

I run it on a Windows machine at home.

Unfortunately the whole world seems to be windows if you are at University/business world (at least for me).

I'm not at home now, I don't have my PC, only work's one, but I don't want to use it to uncompress that... I'll take a look tomorow or the day after, at home, with putty, samba and all the comfort of beeing at home... So I pause this port for a few days...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, works better with some actual data !

I will have some work to do with resizing all pictures and GUI, because it is not fitting nicely the Pandora Screen.

Also, about data, I am not sure of what is the best aproach.

There is some "parameter files", that I allready redirected from root to "home/" folder. There is also a few folder, like replay or deck, that I can created at first run, and for "deck" put the deck inside... My main concern is "pics", that contains all card pictures. It is 640Mo of size ?! And it seems to be updated from time to time. So if I put that in the PND (and I think it's adviseable, as this looks like it's needed for proper gameplay), it will be harder for end user to update, I will have to update the PND from time to time. But I let the end user do it, it will be a pain for user, and most will (rightly) complain that the PND is not useable as-is... (and the autoupdate will not be include in the PND. I don't have the sources, and it's doing many things that won't works on the PND system anyway, so sorry, but for now, I can't).

Anyway, I have some work to do with GUI (I will probably post a screenshot at sometime, and by the way, using MesaGL, I have 8 to 15 fps on deck manager), so you have some time to think and discuss about data, if interested in discussing that of course.

Well, in fact, the 8 to 13 fps were using Software renderer. Using OpenGL, it's more like 4fps. Looks useable... With OpenGL renderer, I don't need to rescale all GUI elements, OpenGL is doing it, but with Software, it's seems I have to. I'll see that toomorow...

Here is screenshot 130221-000903.png, a little teaser  :p  !

Awesome.

Some note to the screen shot:

Make the left big picture of the card little smaler st that more text is readable below the card.

(It's pretty important if you're in game and your opponent plays a card you don't know)

Can't you simply put everything into the appdata folder after the first start.

Will take some time to copy everything but then I can just copy everything from my computer into the appdata folder if there's an update.

For me this seems to be the best solution.

EDIT:

As the pics folder is 600 MB of space you maybe put everything into appdata instead of this folder if you like to.

I wouldn't mind to have to wait a little after the first start if there's everything in the appdata folder then.

EDIT2:

I see the picture is French.

So did you already implement the feature to select language?

Would be great to have the German card text.

About screenshot, you're right. In fact, I realised this morning, using the Windows YgoPro, that the GUI doesn't really scale as I though. So I'll have to scale everything down...

The 600Mo is bugging me. If the PND copy everything to appdata, that means the PND (wich size will be around 600Mo probably), will duplicate it's data to appdata, so it will make a 1.2Go of data just for this. I'm not sure it's a good thing. I still have to think about that.

About languages, yes, I will make some zenity setup at first start that will let you select your language, as there is 5 langages (IIRC) available. The setup will copy appropriate files to appdata.

The 600 MB is also what I think might be a problem to have twice.

If you copy everything excepth the picture folder, would this work as well.

You have then the folder with your decks on the appdata folder.

If only scripts and banned list updates then it can be uppdated manually.

Also you can customize the game if you replace the files in "sound" direcory with the sound you like to use.

This might be nice for some people.

No need to copy the 600Mb. I alwasy forget not everyone has 2x128 GB in his/her Pandora. I don't care about disk space, others do :) .

Ok. I think "pic" will be inside the PND. deck and script will be in appdata. And I will ensure that at first start, everything is setup to be able to play right away (may be the server will have to setup manualy).

For sound, I haven't tried the sound yet. I'll see latter if I had that too (I don't think it's mandatory for this game).

Come one.

If sound won't work, I'll use BeadBeef and play the one I want.

I can copy the original sound from the Game as mp3, as it's available on the PC version :D .

If it's a bad frame rate with sound I won't cry if there's no sound at all.

Maybe sound effects would be nice but also not important.

EDIT:

Script is important to be in appdata.

Had an update two days ago and today again.

Yeah right,no Sound is not important.

Cool that you got it work.

I have no problems with a big pnd too :D

I played now 20-30 Rounds on PC and i love that game realy.

That would be cool on  Pandy ^_^

Edit: Yes they update often

Edit Edit:

Have you tried the OpenGL Reimplementation or MesaGL Emulation?

ptitSeb mentioned mesaGL somewhere above.

Read last sentence.

Ok, works better with some actual data !

I will have some work to do with resizing all pictures and GUI, because it is not fitting nicely the Pandora Screen.

Also, about data, I am not sure of what is the best aproach.

There is some "parameter files", that I allready redirected from root to "home/" folder. There is also a few folder, like replay or deck, that I can created at first run, and for "deck" put the deck inside... My main concern is "pics", that contains all card pictures. It is 640Mo of size ?! And it seems to be updated from time to time. So if I put that in the PND (and I think it's adviseable, as this looks like it's needed for proper gameplay), it will be harder for end user to update, I will have to update the PND from time to time. But I let the end user do it, it will be a pain for user, and most will (rightly) complain that the PND is not useable as-is... (and the autoupdate will not be include in the PND. I don't have the sources, and it's doing many things that won't works on the PND system anyway, so sorry, but for now, I can't).

Anyway, I have some work to do with GUI (I will probably post a screenshot at sometime, and by the way, using MesaGL, I have 8 to 15 fps on deck manager), so you have some time to think and discuss about data, if interested in discussing that of course.
The game is really great.

I now don't have to buy all those cards.

One 100€ deck is enough money spent for cards I think ;) .

Now I only need some phone which can do wifi or bluetooth tethering to play everywhere.

We have wifi at university so ...

For 50€ I'd buy some new phone. Not for more.

I'm waiting for he GTA04 as next big phone.

Maybe some old N900 If I find some on ebay.

This game is worth the money.

Need to know how much data transfer it has when playing and which speed is required.

The resizing of the GUI is very long ! It's a nightmare in fact. There is no constant or things like that. It's just numbers... Hand calculated number... Like this:

Code:
if(dField.extra[0].size()) {
numFont->draw(dataManager.GetNumString(dField.extra[0].size()), recti(305, 532, 381, 552), 0xff000000, true, false, 0);
numFont->draw(dataManager.GetNumString(dField.extra[0].size()), recti(305, 533, 383, 553), 0xffffff00, true, false, 0);
}
if(dField.deck[0].size()) {
numFont->draw(dataManager.GetNumString(dField.deck[0].size()), recti(942, 532, 1021, 552), 0xff000000, true, false, 0);
numFont->draw(dataManager.GetNumString(dField.deck[0].size()), recti(943, 533, 1023, 553), 0xffffff00, true, false, 0);
}

All GUI is like this. Just plain number... And there are the "hoover" calculation that are the same (i.e. how to know the card the mouse is on with mouse coordonates). So that's quite long... And I'm sure I'll miss some resizing somewhere.

For info, YGOPRO use a 1024x640 windows size. So I a this factor to reduce: *100/128, that convert to 800x500, so that's almost ok. I use Fullscreen now also...

Basicaly, what I'm doing is that (same code as above);

Code:
#define PANDO_RATIO 100/128

if(dField.extra[0].size()) {
numFont->draw(dataManager.GetNumString(dField.extra[0].size()), recti(305*PANDO_RATIO, 532*PANDO_RATIO, 381*PANDO_RATIO, 552*PANDO_RATIO), 0xff000000, true, false, 0);
numFont->draw(dataManager.GetNumString(dField.extra[0].size()), recti(305*PANDO_RATIO, 533*PANDO_RATIO, 383*PANDO_RATIO, 553*PANDO_RATIO), 0xffffff00, true, false, 0);
}
if(dField.deck[0].size()) {
numFont->draw(dataManager.GetNumString(dField.deck[0].size()), recti(942*PANDO_RATIO, 532*PANDO_RATIO, 1021*PANDO_RATIO, 552*PANDO_RATIO), 0xff000000, true, false, 0);
numFont->draw(dataManager.GetNumString(dField.deck[0].size()), recti(943*PANDO_RATIO, 533*PANDO_RATIO, 1023*PANDO_RATIO, 553*PANDO_RATIO), 0xffffff00, true, false, 0);
}

I'll upload a screenshot or two later...

I dont know much about such Things,but can you not simply add a command in SDL who zoom

automatic to Pandoras Fullscreen?

Must you recode so much Things?

Have you compiled with Mesa GL and then tried to change to the OpenGL Impementation?

Maybe Changing the OpenGL Files after compiling with Mesa GL works for more speed ;)

I am so curoius and afraid,thx for your work again :D

It doesn't use SDL, so I cannot. I haven't find a smart way to add some "high level" zoom, so I have to do it to boring way... Graphics are ok now, but the hoover formulas are not :(

About OpenGL, I first want something working. Than I'll experiment to gain speed But it must work first. So, no idea yet if Linuxbochs's OpenGL wrapper works or not...

It doesn't use SDL, so I cannot. I haven't find a smart way to add some "high level" zoom, so I have to do it to boring way... Graphics are ok now, but the hoover formulas are not :(
You could use the frame-buffer trick notaz is using in his sdl-mod to scale as it work both way. you'll only need to scale the mouse in code ;)

Some PND use that trick outside of sdl too.

EDIT: you definatly need to join irc, you would have had better pointer than this and faster there...

Back