Playstation Emulation

sareks

Casual gamer
Hi, I wanted to share my experiences for Sony Playstation Emulation so far.

I have a Pandora 1GHz Edition. Feel free to respond, so we can help ppl that don't know much about it yet.

1) PSXReARMed r14 - 800×480 resolutionsupport, save / load state support, Ingame option menu for the emulator, seems to be one of the best emulator for the Pandora.

So far, I've tried 30 games, runs well

2) I've heard about PSX4Pandora, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Hope this helps newbies (like me), would appreciate supporting comments. Thanks

PS: If there are more PSX Emulators, please add them to this topic

Last edited by a moderator:
PCSXreARMed is the only emulator you'll ever really need for the PSX. It's spotless and the r16 version has all of those nice graphical upgrades you've likely heard about.

PSXReARMed r16 rules. I've just been playing full-speed Final Fantasy IX at double the original resolution on a ReBirth unit clocked at 700MHz @ OPP2.

PSXReARMed r16 is fast but seems to have some compatibility issues, for example, none of my Pro Pinball games works at the moment and these are actualy the main reasons for me to use the Emulator. :D Tomb Raider 4 has some weird hangups when you try to access the menu but overall, the emulator seems to be very good, especialy at standard clocking (600MHz on my classic Pandora).

Even TeKken 3 is running a lot better now, overclocking at 850 on my rebirth.

Great infos, thanks. For that matter, I have both r14 and r16 on my pandora, this way i can find the best emulator that fits for specific games.

Oh, by the way, is there a recent compatibility list?

Back