Nes emulation

sareks

Casual gamer
Hi, I wanted to share my experiences for NES Emulation so far.

I have a Pandora 1GHz Edition. Feel free to respond, so we can help ppl that don't know much about it yet.

1) gpfce_r2 - seems to be the best NES emulator yet, supports 800×480 resolution, option menu, save/load states

2) gpfce gp2x - doesn't support all functions 1) does

3) gpfce - very buggy, sound & graphical problems

4) NESemu - complicated navigation through the menu with the nubs, not sure if save/load states or 800×480 resolution are supported

Hope this helps newbies (like me), would appreciate supporting comments. Thanks

PS: If there are more NES Emulators, please add them to this topic

Last edited by a moderator:
1) gpfce_r2 - seems to be the best NES emulator yet, supports full screen, option menu, save/load states
This is the best. NES Emulation always feeled like the unloved emulation stepchild on the Pandora, but thanks (a lot) to notaz this isn't the case anymore

The mednafen pnd, also features a NES Emu, btw.

1) gpfce_r2 - seems to be the best NES emulator yet, supports full screen, option menu, save/load states
This is the best. NES Emulation always feeled like the unloved emulation stepchild on the Pandora, but thanks (a lot) to notaz this isn't the case anymore

The mednafen pnd, also features a NES Emu, btw.

Not familiar with mednafen, does it feature fullscreen, save / load states and an ingame menu? if so, what keys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Yoshis facts sheet will help you out on that better than me
Checked that but it doesn't mention a menu nor full screen, it seems that save / load states are supported, though. Anyone else can help here?
Hard to remember, I deleted mednafen as soon as notaz released the first gpfce Pandora port. Safe/Load was indeed possible, don't know about fullscreen though.

Back