Playing Old Skool Games :)

gcw28

Still Fresh
Hi

I have just bought a GP2X, and I am trying to get mame roms to work, and with good sound. I downloaded the lastest emulator (mame gp2x 3.7) and have spent about 3 hours choosing all the classic arcade games from [ROM LINK REMOVED] (mame roms of course).

- Games like Metal slug, afterburner 2, simpsons, etc do not even show up on GP2X machine ???

- Streetfighter, Final fight, ghouls and ghosts etc work but with tingy sound almost like distorted, not very good sound quality.

- Punisher has no sound

Cant remember the rest, but I did download alot of roms. The only rom that worked arcade perfect was commander with good graphics speed and the sound was fine.

Could someone please help me with a solution ? I have been searching the web for hours finding out about dumping graphics etc ??? please help me get these classic games to work

Read the readme that came with MAME 3.7, then come back to us.

:)lol: "[ROM LINK REMOVED]" :lol:)

ok thanks, read docs and I see you need :- Romsets have to be MAME 0.34 final version ones. tried that convertor thing before but it did not work so im going to check the web for trusty torrents (got to love the torrents!!!). Hope I bloody find mame roms 0.34, im not fancying my luck so far

Cannot find these MAME 0.34 rom sets anywhere ? do you know of any websites ? I hear that because the gp2x needs MAME 0.34 roms the newer mame arcade conversions are not compatible?

oh? :( what have i done wrong ?

Sorry just trying to get some help

Have a read of this thread:

All about mame 0.34 versions

Welcome to the forum BTW.

These sort of things have been answered before, so its worth searching about a bit.
Good luck, anyway! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't ever mention rom sites or torrent links. It's prohibited here, and can get this place shut down.

If you post a link again you may find yourself unable to log back in.

You have to be carefull what you publicly announce to us. Downloading roms (while often done) is on very shakey legal ground (especialy if you dont own the origional). Its not really a problem to talk about the games themselves but putting links to places you can download them and so forth can get the forum in trouble.

Its best to just describe the games you play or have on your gp2x and we are none the wiser as to how you got them and weather or not you own them so we would be free to help.

Dont mean to lecture, just informing you to help you avoid trouble with the moderators down the line =)

Edit: oops, daclassicgamingmaster got there before me =P

ok no probs guys... im off to bed....yeah right, im off hunting!!!!! :)

BTW NeoGeo games like Metal slug etc run better with GNGeo than they do in MAME. Use GnGeo for those.

I have an additional question : is there a way to get Nba jam working on Mamegp2x ? I tried clrmamepro but it didn't work.

Thanks.

Back