Playing Movies

Tactical Fart

Still Fresh
As long as the file format is readable or the right program is being used, then the file can be played, regardless of the size, even if it's on an SD card, right. I thinking about getting one and I plan on watching rather big files.

As long as the file format is readable or the right program is being used, then the file can be played, regardless of the size, even if it's on an SD card, right. I thinking about getting one and I plan on watching rather big files.

I've noticed on a few files that bigger ones take longer to load, but I haven't really tested with BIG files. I've played 600 mb files without a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've noticed on a few files that bigger ones take longer to load, but I haven't really tested with BIG files. I've played 600 mb files without a problem.
When you say longer to load, do you mean they jump, or they take a while to start playing?

When you say longer to load, do you mean they jump, or they take a while to start playing?

Depends on the size. I've found 700 megs xvid play fine, and can't rule out that bigger files will work, also. I just haven't had any files that size to test with.

Either way I believe that Optimistic means that they take a while to load. That's my experience with large vids, anyhow.

you could install the xvid codec on your pc then download virtualdubmod from doom9.org (or wherever its free) then use that to resize them, the program isnt newb friendly (has a lot of confusing options) but it does work.

Back