Need Help On Movie Playing After 1.1.0

Gieese

Still Fresh
Sorry, thought I've had this problem finished when I've upgraded to 1.0.1,

After upgrading using, http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=ST&f=42&t=23589 way, I can't play the was working on 1.0.1 movies via 1GB SD card. Well seems a bit different from the last problem. It will play the video for about 2min or so, but all the sudden it hangs up. Tried several files, like 20M file, 50M file, 700M file, but the hang point seems to differ, around 1-2min....

Anyone know any way to bring this back working on 1.1.0?

Last edited by a moderator:
This has never worked for me. Crashes the whole GP2X after about a minute. I thought this was expected behaviour because they have lots of work to do on the mplayer port yet? So are you saying it used to work on 1.0.1 for you?!

Anyway the only success reports I've seen are with re-encoding with PocketDivxEncoder. Not sure if you can also do that with mencoder.

Thanks,

Mark

The video was working for me when it was 1.0.1.
After the update to 1.1.0, now it's not.... Am thinking of bringing it back to 101, if I can. And try everything over....

Now i have updated the firmware, the video player craches, and he did not crash while on the firmware 1.0.1.
I still think the GP2X is a great console, just like the gp32, but what the hell is gamepark doing with their firmware ? They can't even do a firmware without bug?! With the 1.1.0, i have more scanlines and the video player crashes (with video which WORKED before, i ll try to reencode them but....)
Wake up GPH !
Well, at least i can play my favourite games on DrMD and Metal Slug ^^

GP2X for ever !!!!

nevermind, i meant to post last night but my computer was being stupid and it just posted this morning.

Have tried new batteries, since that was my problem last time.

Well, I've managed to re-try by bringing to 1.0.1 which did work. And re-upgraded using a brand new openned battery, (same as first shot). Don't know why but after several tries, now am having no problems... I guessed the GP2X just wanted to fool me around..

Anyways thanks for the comments...
Now need to search for a 2G SD

Back