Playing Movies

Tactical Fart

Still Fresh
Okay, let me say now that I DO NOT have a GP2X yet. I want to know if the size of the video file will determin whether or not I can play the file. As in if the file exceedes 64MB, and It's on an SD card, will I have trouble viewing the file?

no.

you can watch files upto dvd res as far as i know and ive had 2gb avi files playing on mine .

i like to resize the avi to the same size as the gp2x screen and also drop the bitrate so it saves a bit of space on the SD card but i dont think there is a limit, if somone wont play reencode it.

i like to resize the avi to the same size as the gp2x screen and also drop the bitrate so it saves a bit of space on the SD card but i dont think there is a limit, if somone wont play reencode it.

Samba, what bitrate do you like to use? I resize mine as well, but I hadn't thought to lower the bitrate.

I've used AutoGK in Windows to resize my DVD rips, it's been successful. Can you recommend something else instead, maybe a preferred method? I've seen some of the various tutorials, but I'd like to get your opinion as well. I also run Linux but haven't done any re-encoding there yet. Thanks,

saehn

Last edited by a moderator:
for DVD res i use about 1400kb 2passes

for 320x240 can do about 600kb singlepass (tried this on a few standup comedy concerts and works ok), it really depends what codec and how much Motion is on the movie to how many artifacts popup

Edit: This was using Xvid Btw

Back