N Gage Emulator

Muggie

Still Fresh
Does anyone know of an N Gage emulator that I can port to the Pandora, or any N Gage emulators at all? I know that the N Gage was a failure as a gaming console and phone, but it did have a lot of games and some good ones too.

Thanks.

What good games were on it. Were they exclusives to it? Ludacrously you had to screw off the back of it and take out the battery just to place a game cart/disc in it.Way too much to just play one game.It was huge too like a 1980's mobile phone/brick.If there is one by all means port it.The more emulators the merrier.

heres one [Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
You can hold the pandora up to your head like a phone.. it looks just as goofy as the ngage.

Apparently nokia were offered help by people in the game industry but were too arrogant to heed their advice and look what happened it sunk like the titanic

only thing i found was this for windows[Removed]

however i dont know if there is any source on the net or how to contact th author.

also the were 2 revisions of the n-gage the second one allowed you to slot the memory card in the top without removing the battery.

I had the original one (the side talking one) i loved it at the time.

EDIT: wrath of kahn :ph34r:

Why is it when ever anyone mentions this system, they get trolled? And that emulator you posted Khan is a virus. >_>

Edit: Milkshake, that ones a virus too. :(

Whilst I can't see any trolling going on, both of those emulator links point to a ROM site. Can we be careful, please, guys? That sort of stuff puts the community at risk.

oh sorry didn't realize as Google took me to the download page of the emulator. i blame GOOGLE!

:p

I think, in fact that the point is if there´s any possibility to emulate the SYMBIAN OS or virtualise the SYMBIAN OS. At some point i think the PALM OS and the SYMBIAN OS will be emulated by the Panda or Panda II or whatever and we will able to enjoy a lot of cool games from the middle 2000´s first decade, same way we have the DOS BOX right now. Who could imagine in the middle 90´s that DOS will be "emulated" for running games?

Anyway i agree most Ngage games are ports, so you have same or better versions available. What i love about the n-gage (specially the QD ) is to play it in its hardware, in that very small screen. Same with the Mega Duck.. why there is no Mega Duck emulator? Cuz Mega Duck games were all published by Sachem as Game Boy games, so you can run these games in .gb format.

Why is it when ever anyone mentions this system, they get trolled? And that emulator you posted Khan is a virus. >_>

Edit: Milkshake, that ones a virus too. :(
Wasnt trolling.I just linked to the first thing google gave me.Sorry. the more emulators the better.They are all good.

only thing i found was this for windows[Removed]

however i dont know if there is any source on the net or how to contact th author.

also the were 2 revisions of the n-gage the second one allowed you to slot the memory card in the top without removing the battery.

I had the original one (the side talking one) i loved it at the time.

EDIT: wrath of kahn :ph34r:
I didnt know that they released a revised version of the n-gage. It could have taken the mobile gaming market when it was in its infancy if it were a bit easier to use.

I think I was trolling a little... the ngage wasn't a system many took seriously.

Well, the N-Gage had a few good exclusives. Looking at the list of titles on Wikipedia to refresh my memory: Pathway to Glory(especially cool), One, Ashen, The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey, Rifts: Promise of Power, System Rush, and the two X-men Legends titles were all pretty good and exclusive, as far as I know. Some of the ports were pretty good too, although a lot of them were rush jobs.

I'd love an N-Gage/Series 60 emulator, but I won't hold my breath. I still have my QD, although some of the buttons are difficult to press after years of playing with it.

Its all good guys. :)

I am looking for an emulator that can play N Gage exclusive games. Like what TheGrandPubaa said, there were some fun ones.(don't judge a game by its system ;) )

I especially would like to play Shadowkey, which was an Elder Scrolls game.

Looking back at what Scaramouche said, there are a lot of SYMBAIN OS and PALM OS games that would also be fun to play.

Actually I liked my N-Gage. I think I still have it in fact. Loved playing Tony Hawk on it. It was a crappy phone for reception. As a gaming device it wasn't half bad. I do have to say this for it though. It took a beating. I was in a Bradley roll over and it bounced all around the turret and I still used it to call for help even after I landed on it. :blink:

so there was a specific n-game program to run the games ?! I always tought it was running only a Java 2 ME VM with phone-specific 3D upgrades...

Pathway to Glory(especially cool)

Glad it's not just me, Pathway to Glory is easily one of the best turn-based strategy games ever made (and a fantastic game in it's own right) with a stupendous soundtrack, such a shame that hardly anyone ever got to play it.. having this running on the Pandora would be a major plus point.

I have a N-Gage & this game and still play it regularly to this day

^Exactly

So if anyone knows of any N Gage emulators at all, I would (and probably others) would appreciate it.

Glad it's not just me, Pathway to Glory is easily one of the best turn-based strategy games ever made (and a fantastic game in it's own right) with a stupendous soundtrack, such a shame that hardly anyone ever got to play it.. having this running on the Pandora would be a major plus point.

I have a N-Gage & this game and still play it regularly to this day

Not only was it well designed and deep, it was the first N-Gage game offering a demo and had bluetooth as well as online anywhere multiplayer over the N-Gage Arena. It's such a shame Redlynx haven't ported the game to any other platforms.

Back