Php Object Generator's Logo Is Almost The Same As The Pandora'

lulzfish

Pandora Defense Squad
Website
troyanonymous.homelinux.com
PHP Object Generator

I Stumbled Upon this a second ago. I don't know if there's anything to be done, or who had the logo first, but their logo is almost the same as the OpenPandora logo, just thinner and brown instead of blue.

header.gif

.. and anyway, our logo is just like a 21st Century SGI logo, which come to think of it makes a lot of sense .. I, for one, am going to try to make an SGI-like setup with mine. Running BLENDER of course! :)

torpor said:
.. and anyway, our logo is just like a 21st Century SGI logo, which come to think of it makes a lot of sense .. I, for one, am going to try to make an SGI-like setup with mine. Running BLENDER of course! :)
That's like saying all cubes look the same. The Pandora logo does not look like the SGI logo. I don't see why people keep seeing a similarity between them just because they are cubes.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the time machine at archive.org doesn't save backgrounds so we can't check when they started using this logo. If you go to their blog page, you'll see that they have a different one there.

It's obvious that the two are the same, the question is who copied who.

I don't see a trademark or copyright symbol or declaration of logo ownership on either of the websites.

Is Pandora and/or Php Object claiming trademark, copyright, or whatever the legal term is for the logo?

No, these are both pretty small endeavours, I don't think the logo's copyrighted or anything.
I just thought was interesting, I'm not suggesting anything be done.

mm

i also saw it in a delivery service van around here (which is really strange to see a courier, around this area)

it had some crappy name like world delivery, or something stupid like that

but the logo was the exact same in terms of it had 2 outlines, only theres was a redy brown

I WANT THAT COMPUTER B)

I think our logo is PROFESSIONAL and there's looks like something I could wip up in paint in two seconds...

Maybe our guys should ad a © or TM (don't know the combo for the TM symbol)

HackModford said:
I WANT THAT COMPUTER B)

I think our logo is PROFESSIONAL and there's looks like something I could wip up in paint in two seconds...

Maybe our guys should ad a © or TM (don't know the combo for the TM symbol)
That will only cause problems. Especially if they don't actually get the logo copyrighted but try to pass it off as if it is.

-God Ginrai

HackModford said:
I WANT THAT COMPUTER B)

The Space Cube comes with a 300 MHz processor, 16MB of flash memory, 64MB of SDRAM and a 1GB CompactFlash card loaded with Red Hat Linux. There is a single USB port on the outside, VGA, Ethernet port, RS232 port, a mic and speaker plugs. The Space Cube is powered by a 5V plug.
[ ... ]
The Space Cube will be available soon in Japan for about $2700. The initial estimate was around $325, but the Space Wire port makes the little thing a lot more expensive. Thankfully, most of us don't need it and hopefully a consumer version will come without the port.

Are you sure?

Back