Phoneme V0.2 Released: J2me For Gp2x!

thanks for this one man

does the games can now save the state?

because on the previus version you have to always start from the beginning (this games autosave)

bman said:
mfk said:
Screen rotation parameter does work. But make sure you download the latest version.
I am already using 0.2 and the first time I started Dweller it was horizontal. So I loaded Pirates 2 and used the variable and got it vertical. Works great. Plays just fine. So, I start Dweller again and now it's ALWAYS vertical, regardless of variable or button rotation. Not sure what the heck is going on there. So I removed my phoneme dir and extracted from scratch. Guess what, still vertical. What the heck?

very strange, haven't found that bug myself, please try that inside the Dweller .gpe:

unset J2ME_GP2X_REVERSE

write it before any line. Setting it to 0 or 1 doesn't matter, if there's this variabile defined on the gpe it will rotate the screen.
for saves: there are games that works and games that still doesn't. If the game have real saves (like using a menu) there are a lot of chances it will works better.

Games that crashes with that "fullcanvas" errors are for NOKIA phones. As far i know fullcanvas is a nokia only library for 2d graphics and to display crap like the battery level or the mobile phone signal over the game, search a MIDP1 or MIDP2 version of that game if exists

Last edited by a moderator:
Eclipse said:
bman said:
mfk said:
Screen rotation parameter does work. But make sure you download the latest version.
I am already using 0.2 and the first time I started Dweller it was horizontal. So I loaded Pirates 2 and used the variable and got it vertical. Works great. Plays just fine. So, I start Dweller again and now it's ALWAYS vertical, regardless of variable or button rotation. Not sure what the heck is going on there. So I removed my phoneme dir and extracted from scratch. Guess what, still vertical. What the heck?

very strange, haven't found that bug myself, please try that inside the Dweller .gpe:

unset J2ME_GP2X_REVERSE

write it before any line. Setting it to 0 or 1 doesn't matter, if there's this variabile defined on the gpe it will rotate the screen.
for saves: there are games that works and games that still doesn't. If the game have real saves (like using a menu) there are a lot of chances it will works better.

Games that crashes with that "fullcanvas" errors are for NOKIA phones. As far i know fullcanvas is a nokia only library for 2d graphics and to display crap like the battery level or the mobile phone signal over the game, search a MIDP1 or MIDP2 version of that game if exists

Now that we have this code to install a game:

unset J2ME_GP2X_REVERSE
cd /mnt/sd/game/phoneME/bin/arm
./installMidlet ../../pes_2008_240x320.jar > ../../pes_2008.installed.txt
sync
cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

could you tell me what can I do to uninstall it, and free his Midlet? I have installed a wrong version of a game, and another one who doesn't work (soul of darkness, does work in my N70 and not here) and I don't wanna keep Midlets from games I won't use.

Thanks

duagor said:
could you tell me what can I do to uninstall it, and free his Midlet? I have installed a wrong version of a game, and another one who doesn't work (soul of darkness, does work in my N70 and not here) and I don't wanna keep Midlets from games I won't use.
Open Termula2x
cd "phoneme dir"/bin/arm
./removeMidlet.sh #_of_midlet

Eclipse said:
unset J2ME_GP2X_REVERSE
Yes, I "accidentally" left a modified .gpe in there and found that out. Not a bug, user error :(

Back