Phone software?

I know the old monophonic ringtone format allowed for specific control of the rumble and screen backlight. I do have one of those that hit the resonant frequency of my phone and makes it go completely insane.
So if there would be any way to adopt one of this kind of format, it would be possible to control rumble/lights through the soundfile? Does anybody know which format actual smartphone use?

Only phones that use monophonic midi tones support it. Older ones. So, the format is MIDI. It just has a special track in the MIDI file for the vibrator. It's doable on the Pyra I'm sure.

Yes, but I'm saying they were monohponic MIDI because the phone was only capable of that. I think it still used MIDI.

Is there an open way to read those? Either way, one could use a MIDI channel to encode those.

The intresting thing would be to be able to play all those standart ringtones (with or without effects). E.g. if I want to use the same ringtone as on my samsung phone, I just copy it to the Pyra and set it up as ringtone, then everything works as on the phone.

Of course it has to. It would just be nice if it would work like this. Maybe I'll find somehing helpful when I've got time to research...

Or just record your samsung ringtone with the Pyra's microphone and use the resulting audio as your ringtone.

Or just record your samsung ringtone with the Pyra's microphone and use the resulting audio as your ringtone.
I think, I would rather use the line in of a PC for that...

Back