Pcsxrearmed Now For Wiz!

notaz said:
You are supposed to lower that number to get better emulator performance (it sets how fast the emulated PSX runs).

Oh right, thanks for that and thanks for porting this it works a treat.

Is there a way to store the rom path??

Last edited by a moderator:
Attenborough said:
it just simple (.bin file name & contents of the .cue file is not matched)
Oh, so the game wanted to see the padding track (track2) guess.

bazza09 said:
Should be saved along with global config.

notaz said:
Attenborough said:
it just simple (.bin file name & contents of the .cue file is not matched)
Oh, so the game wanted to see the padding track (track2) guess.

bazza09 said:
Should be saved along with global config.

I'll test it.

Edit

Confirmed....choose and run a game, then save global setting does store the rom path.

Thanks

Attenborough said:
Attenborough said:
Biohazard 2 (Japanese Version of Resident Evil 2) is freezing..

http://youtu.be/_8LId3ZggYg

Problem has been fixed
(editing .cue file)
thanks for me.. ^^;;

after editing .cue file
http://youtu.be/OU9ZUrKLhww

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. The problem with "Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere"
if frame skip is on, screen is flashing.
like a this video: http://youtu.be/4WSFIM2YP98

Attenborough said:
p.s. The problem with "Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere"
if frame skip is on, screen is flashing.
like a this video: http://youtu.be/4WSFIM2YP98
It's very hard to do frameskip on PSX because of how it's GPU works, so I can't do much about it.

notaz said:
It's very hard to do frameskip on PSX because of how it's GPU works, so I can't do much about it.

well, that's ok.
it is a great emulator. thanks. ^^

I have been trying to get Metal Gear Solid to run on this emulator but for some reason it doesn't work for me. I have downloaded a BUNCH of different files from a few different sites. Taken the bin file and dropped it in the bios folder for this emulator and when I try to load the file it just stays on the black screen or gives the piracy warning then stays on a black screen.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something. I have gotten WWF arcade, Crash Bandacoot, Castlevania SOTN, ReLoaded to work but honestly all I want is to play Metal Gear Solid on my wiz. Can someone help me figure out what I am missing or messing up on or guide me to a place where I can find a working file for this emulator.

You need to use real BIOS (and select it in menu options/BIOS), also wait at least 30sec for the game to load when you run it.

notaz said:
You need to use real BIOS (and select it in menu options/BIOS), also wait at least 30sec for the game to load when you run it.

Thanks that worked perfectly

Here's a Conversation between me and Javy3, anyone have these problems on the Wiz?

One quick question. It runs very well on the default settings for the emulator just fine up until the scene where you shoot the guards with Merel. After that the game slows down significantly, barely playable. What I wanted to know is if that is as good as it gets or if there is a setting that I can put in the emulator to improve the framerate and speed of the game. Thanks again.

I quite frequently have times where the some games just suddenly start to slow down , but its random and I think its a memory problem, I usually just reset the emulator and the game runs fine. Just make sure you save alot and use save states too.

Games that do this often: Metal gear solid, Syphon Filter, Vagrant Story

Games are working great, but for some reason no sound is playing on any of my games, anyone got any ideas?

cylemmulo said:
Games are working great, but for some reason no sound is playing on any of my games, anyone got any ideas?

Check audio is set to main thread in the SPU plugin settings and that XA audio is enabled.

Been playing through FF7 again (I will finish it this time!) and I'm on floor 68 or so of the Shinra building and experiencing frequent crashes. Any ideas? The game has been fine thus far. Oh, and it's a US NTSC rip if that makes any difference.

Crazyteknohed said:
Been playing through FF7 again (I will finish it this time!) and I'm on floor 68 or so of the Shinra building and experiencing frequent crashes. Any ideas? The game has been fine thus far. Oh, and it's a US NTSC rip if that makes any difference.

I think that also happened in PCSX4ALL when I played FF7 on my Wiz, I just transferred the memory card file to my desktop and played in ePSXe till I got past that part.

Hi there!

I tried out PCSX Rearmed yesterday for the first time and i have to say it's amazing! Games work so much better than with the other two PS1 emulators before. And I love all the options you have to squeeze the very best out of every game to make it run fast enough on your Wiz. :)

I noticed that there is an updated version for Pandora. Any chances that we can get version R13 for Wiz?

EDIT: Found it on Caanoo Boards! ;)

crosspoint said:
version R13 for Wiz?

EDIT: Found it on Caanoo Boards! ;)

R13 for Wiz ? I didn't know there was a R13. Where did you find it? Post a download link as this site very rarely updates. Either that or your post is a hoax.

Akabei said:
Lol. A look at the caanoo section might have helped. Here's the download
notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r13_wiz.zip

Thanks for the download link. Just out of interest, what Caanoo section are you talking about ? I looked in the file archive for Wiz and Caanoo and they still have R11 there. I also looked in the 'Emulation [Caanoo]' topic in this forum and didn't find anything, and nothing on Notaz's website either (at first look I only saw Pandora versions).

Back