Gp2X Spectrum Wiz Version

this link (world of spectrum) only seems to allow single game downloads not bulks Neil.Looks like i will have to stick to downloading them 1 by 1.
cheers anyway.
[/quote]

Hi, can someone please tell me what im doing wrong with this emulator? Im extracting the zip to a folder on my WiZ’s SD card, im then putting the zipped up games in the rom folder, but when I open the emulator, the game list does not display any games, the readme is no help. Is it anything to do with the ini file? Do I have to put that somewhere as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

manic23 said:
Hi, can someone please tell me what im doing wrong with this emulator? Im extracting the zip to a folder on my WiZ’s SD card, im then putting the zipped up games in the rom folder, but when I open the emulator, the game list does not display any games, the readme is no help. Is it anything to do with the ini file? Do I have to put that somewhere as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

First of all unzip the .RAR file (GP2xpectrum_Wiz_1.8.rar) into the game folder on the SD card. You'll end up with GP2XpectrumWiz.ini and the GP2XpectrumWiz folder there.
Open the GP2XpectrumWiz folder and put the games into the roms folder (.Z80s, .SNAs, .TAPs & .TZXs)
One game per zip (I think) or unzipped (you can compress them to .bz2 files with the Menu button on the 'Program List' screen)
Go to the Wiz Games option on the Wiz, open this and you should have 'GP2Xpectrum Wiz' there, start this and your games should pop up on start up. (The above .ini file is for this shortcut as you were wondering)

Cheers, Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for the reply, I was actually doing exactly as you say, but still no joy, however since then, i have now managed to get it working. For some odd reason the emulator did not seem to like the ROMs being zipped (and before you ask yes they were zipped not RARd lol)

As soon as I unzipped them and placed all the tzx files in the ROM folder unzipped, the emulator recognised the files and now all is well.

Seems strange, but hey ho

I'm glad you sorted it out, if you need to zip them again to save space just press 'menu' on the 'Program List' screen to compress them to .bz2 files.

Have you noticed also that a lot of games (TZXs & TAPs) won't load under 128k and you've got to reset to 48k?
(Hopefully there will be an option to change the default model in the next release along with a few other things I mentioned in my post above) ;)

Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
Have you noticed also that a lot of games (TZXs & TAPs) won't load under 128k and you've got to reset to 48k?
(Hopefully there will be an option to change the default model in the next release along with a few other things I mentioned in my post above) ;)

Cheers, Neil
Yes I have noticed that, but that was the case with the GP2X version as well, I don't think there will be an option to change the default model, but i could be wrong. Its a great little emulator, thanks again for your help.

manic23 said:
Neil L said:

Cheers, Neil
Yes I have noticed that, but that was the case with the GP2X version as well, I don't think there will be an option to change the default model, but i could be wrong. Its a great little emulator, thanks again for your help.

Hehehe... well, that is more of a 'feature' than a bug... There were many 48K games which were incompatable with the later 128K spectrums. Oh, and by the way, *excellent* work on this. It is my new favourite Wiz app, yes, even above MAME!

Nothing beats a good spectrum emulator!

Thanks again.

Back