Pcsx4All V2 Released

chui said:
Now it's the moment to implement a OpenGL/ES GPU with tile cache and get a better HLE for avoid play games with BIOS.
Just curious but why do PSX emus try to avoid the BIOS so much? It is not a big deal to throw a BIOS file into a directory, and with BIOS it runs more games.

The new Pandora PSX emu doesn't have BIOS support and some games won't run without it(EX:Einhander).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, in general the High Level Emulation of this part of the Playstation should be faster, than emulating the BIOS, I that's the reason I think, why they try to avoid an BIOS emulation.

just installed this emulator on my caanoo,ive created a ini file which is in txt format.Just wondering how do i change it from a txt file to a .ini file?
Thanks
ok just managed to make a .ini file out the txt file,but doesnt show up in caanoo games menu,but does in caanoo explorer.When i run it it says invalid file....

Make the ini file using notpad 2 - the ini file aint meant to show up in the games menu as that only holds the info to boot the game,
i.e the .gpe file...

Hope this made sence ;)

ok. ive created a .ini file in notpad 2,but i dont know if the structure of the .ini file is right?.Here is hoe ive put it
[info]
name="PCSX4ALL"
path="/PCSX4ALL/pcsx4all_caanoo.gpe"
icon="/PCSX4ALL/icon.png"
title="/PCSX4ALL/title.png"
Just wondering if this is right,or if anyone knows the right structure.
thanks

wil hood said:
ok. ive created a .ini file in notpad 2,but i dont know if the structure of the .ini file is right?.Here is hoe ive put it
[info]
name="PCSX4ALL"
path="/PCSX4ALL/pcsx4all_caanoo.gpe"
icon="/PCSX4ALL/icon.png"
title="/PCSX4ALL/title.png"
Just wondering if this is right,or if anyone knows the right structure.
thanks

Write PCSX4ALL in lowercase under path, icon and title or else you will not see it under games, e.g.

[info]
name="PCSX4ALL"
path="/pcsx4all/pcsx4all_caanoo.gpe"
icon="/pcsx4all/icon.png"
title="/pcsx4all/title.png"

maybe my Gui work for this emu too, becouse i use it on Dingoo.

KwWMMJQD6Gur.png

Download:
CBin Gui v1.2

I'm using psx bios 1001, and I'm trying Mortal Kombat 4, which I have downloaded from two places. One download was in bin/cue format and the other was ccd/img (compressed with ecm). Anyhow, whichever of the two I convert to ISO, the result is the same. I try to run it in BIOS mode (since HLE mode just drops me back to the menu) and all I get is the BIOS screen with the CD player/ memory card functions. The game itself doesn't run.

Would someone else (who has successfully run a game) kindly go try it out? I'd like to know whether it's compatible at all.

EDIT:

I'm also pleased to report that Spyro works at about 60% speed with HLE.

Kula World runs a lot better now, but the textures on some of the 3d models are broken now. Coins, keys, and fruits got garbled textures. Skybox, level, ball, hud, and menus look fine.

@ Rikku I did ask Chui for cbin support, he said maybe - I`m glad you done a GUI of this little cmd prog makes it so much quicker ;)

Thanks ruffnutts

Palafox said:
I'm using psx bios 1001, and I'm trying Mortal Kombat 4, which I have downloaded from two places. One download was in bin/cue format and the other was ccd/img (compressed with ecm). Anyhow, whichever of the two I convert to ISO, the result is the same. I try to run it in BIOS mode (since HLE mode just drops me back to the menu) and all I get is the BIOS screen with the CD player/ memory card functions. The game itself doesn't run.

Would someone else (who has successfully run a game) kindly go try it out? I'd like to know whether it's compatible at all.

EDIT:

I'm also pleased to report that Spyro works at about 60% speed with HLE.

MK4 Works fine - I`m using NTSC version bin+cue, HLE -Secure 800Mhz ect....

for ecm files download unecm prog just google it - then drag & drop the ecm file on it and it will uncompress the file into a .bin file

ruffnutts ;)

fettouhi said:
Many thanks for this new release. Things run faster now but most of my games crash after 1 minute play no matter what setting I try. Diablo still has no sound but runs 75 % speed ingame. GTA runs at about 60 % ingame. Parasite Eve 2 runs at almost 100 %.

PS. We REALLY need to get the GPU to hit the Caanoo/Wiz hardware for the PSX emulator to have a chance on the Wiz/Caanoo.
I have the same issue. I had no problems on the earlier builds. I've tried with firmware 1.06 and 1.50. I'd like to do some videos but I can't until I get it running solid on my CAANOO first.

It seems to be game related. I tried the same game on the WIZ version and it locked up as well. The older versions do not lockup using the same settings. Game that was tested was TEMPEST X3 All default settings

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but how come there isn't an .ini file with the emulator? How can I get the emulator to run on my Caanoo?

copy this into notepad 2 and save as .ini file

[info]
name="pcsx4all"
group="GAME"

ruffnutts ;)

BTW - I dont think anyones made a icon and banner yet though...

ruffnutts said:
MK4 Works fine - I`m using NTSC version bin+cue, HLE -Secure 800Mhz ect....

for ecm files download unecm prog just google it - then drag & drop the ecm file on it and it will uncompress the file into a .bin file

ruffnutts ;)

Yeah, this is what I did. I unecm'd it and then used bchunk on the created BIN file with the CUE. I tried it with and without bchunk's -p option, which has something to do with offset at the beginning of the ISO. No matter what I do, the emulator seems not to recognize it as a valid ISO. HLE goes black for a second then drops me back to the menu, and BIOS just gives me the internal BIOS menu.

This is getting frustrating; I'm doing something wrong and I can't imagine what.

EDIT: Oh! The emulator supports bin/cue! I had no idea.

ruffnutts said:
copy this into notepad 2 and save as .ini file

[info]
name="pcsx4all"
group="GAME"

ruffnutts ;)

BTW - I dont think anyones made a icon and banner yet though...
You can use the autorun.gpe as well that way if you have a wiz the ini file will work for them both. I've tested it and it works.

@ qbertaddict tempest x3 works great for me ;)

Also I use autorun.gpu to boot straight into pcsx4all from switch on because I use a separate SD card...

BTW - what speeds are people getting on Wip3out 2097, I`ve noticed using interlace pagressive setting gives a nice speed increase
With almost not graphical change, this works on Crash Bandicoot aswell

ruffnutts ;)

ruffnutts said:
BTW - what speeds are people getting on Wip3out 2097, I`ve noticed using interlace pagressive setting gives a nice speed increase
With almost not graphical change, this works on Crash Bandicoot aswell

ruffnutts ;)

Nice, the progressive mode works fine in every game I tried, the only thing is, you have to set FS to 0.

WipeOut2097 gets a nice boost (Ram Tweaks On, 800 MHz, I get to 84% from 78%, HLE AUTO) at the start of a Race, the problem is, WipeOut2097 needs CPU Bias 0, otherwise it runs to slow, even, when it shows 100% (look at the time counter).

Back