Pcsx4All V2 Released

blues2 said:
is there a way i can access the memory card to delete and/or copy data?

Some games let you manage saves - just need to find one, I just loaded up the scph1001.bin
Then went into the memory card option to see if it could be done that way - but there was no saves shown - what a shame,
Having said that why not just delete them out the saves folder...

ruffnutts

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, this are some damn fine settings for Tempest X3, I crosschecked it with a PC-Emulator and as far as I can see, it is indeed fullspeed, seems, that the game uses very little CPU power. I wonder, if there are more games, that need so little CPU power.

Thanks for this settings, I can play with progressive fine (PAL image), no sound hickups, but speed goes down to 95%.

But the game itself is a full 3D title, no sprites here ;-)

ruffnutts said:
blues2 said:
is there a way i can access the memory card to delete and/or copy data?

Some games let you manage saves - just need to find one, I just loaded up the scph1001.bin
Then went into the memory card option to see if it could be done that way - but there was no saves shown - what a shame,
Having said that why not just delete them out the saves folder...

ruffnutts

i'll try your method of loading up the bios bin. i want to erase a couple of blocks of data not a full memory card. some games like parasite eve create unusable blocks of data when saving to memory card. the game doesn't recognize that data but creates it anyway when trying to save to memory card.

speaking of bios has anyone tried to play plain old music files using the cd player?

CKeichel said:
You are right, this are some damn fine settings for Tempest X3, I crosschecked it with a PC-Emulator and as far as I can see, it is indeed fullspeed, seems, that the game uses very little CPU power. I wonder, if there are more games, that need so little CPU power.

Thanks for this settings, I can play with progressive fine (PAL image), no sound hickups, but speed goes down to 95%.

But the game itself is a full 3D title, no sprites here ;-)

Glad to here it :D we finally got good settings @ last, I will have to check Progressive again as I was getting a strange noise lol
Well I always mess with the CPU Bias as you never know your luck ;)

ruffnutts

EDIT: Can confirm no buzzing noise now because the frame skip set back to 0 on 2 it makes that noise ;)

BIOS mode freezes Wild Arms 2 Demo on a battle unless BIOS (Interpreter) mode is used. Too bad - otherwise, the program's great.

i tried capcom vs snk pro ntsc version on firmware 1.5 and it said the speed was at %180 but fighting games require precise timing so i know for sure it was really at around half speed, very slow!. is the spd % indicator meaningless? i'll try firmware 1.06 and see if it makes a difference.

if you have saved data on the memory card you can access it by running the scph1001.bin as an iso under cpu core bios. it is the same a booting an actual playstation without a disk! this should be included in future readmes for pcsx.

ruffnutts said:
@ blues2 try lowering the cpu clock and messing with the cpu bias to get good settings and see what happens ;)

i just don't get why the spd % indicator would say it is at %180 speed when it clearly is not. i'll do more testing and post my findings.

blues2 said:
if you have saved data on the memory card you can access it by running the scph1001.bin as an iso under cpu core bios. it is the same a booting an actual playstation without a disk! this should be included in future readmes for pcsx.

Did my idea work for you then blues2 because it never for me lol

ruffnutts

ruffnutts said:
blues2 said:

ruffnutts
yes it worked perfectly! thank you very much! not all games allow you to save to ingame memory card just try one that does!

I've noticed issues with the memory card, saving your game on Crash bandicoot, Vagrant story and Parasite Eve won't work.
Games just says "problem while saving..."

have you experienced this? Some tips / workaround?

kouky said:
I've noticed issues with the memory card, saving your game on Crash bandicoot, Vagrant story and Parasite Eve won't work.
Games just says "problem while saving..."

have you experienced this? Some tips / workaround?

crash bandicoot? wut? which version are u using? on the last publicly available version (the one from the compo) i couldnt get it to run ...

Yes, on the latest version of the emulator it's running
I've followed those settings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVVW2mri7ts

kouky said:
Yes, on the latest version of the emulator it's running
I've followed those settings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVVW2mri7ts

thanks, that's pretty good news. need to search my crash cd now :)

blues2 said:
ruffnutts said:
blues2 said:

ruffnutts
yes it worked perfectly! thank you very much! not all games allow you to save to ingame memory card just try one that does!

Well I have Exhumed saved and it dont show the method I suggested, does your bios show a blue memory card and cd type slash or gray?

EDIT: Egnore that I reckon its only games the run under bios that show up, some games need the bios core
To run otherwise they have memory card problems - like Raycrysis, it would get stuck on the memory card read screen
if you used HLE core but soon as you changed it to Bios Core it would work ;)

try a different bios? i just get a blue screen with the two choices in white text: memory card and cd player. and i have games that can save to memory card running on all different cpu cores.

Right got it working by deleting the 2 memory card files in the pcsx4all folder and letting the emulator create new ones, Just played Exhumed and saved first level and bang it worked - pukka stuff....

your right though I bet not alot of people know you can do this, does need to be in the readme :D

ruffnutts

The Legend of Dragoon works very well I`m just trying to find the perfect settings, I like the look of this RPG

ruffnutts ;)

Back