Pcsx4All V2 Released

chui

Certified Guru
I just relese the second public versión of Playstation1 PCSX4ALL for WIZ and CAANOO.

There are a lot of changes and the source code is provided.

Download and more info at PCSX4LL SITE

pcsx4all.png

Thanks!

Just a few problems, the frame limit does not appear to be working correctly. For FF7 the framerate sits at 60/50 with the SPD at 120%. The audio continually skips.

this has great compatibility over private beta.

just checked a few games all ntsc 750mhz auto bias and HLE SECURE

grandia1- slow but was able to start a new game and get to the point where I can save
ff7- full speed but with graphical glitches like transparency not working correctly
chrono cross- game loads, unable to start new game though
bushido blade- extremely slow but playable with frame skip

will update this post with all games I test with status

Yes. Thank you very, VERY much. However, you didn't put the controls for save states on the website. How do you save or load save states?

Tomba works now. It used to crash after the first conversation, but now it plays fine. Fine as in, it's slow even with no lighting or blending and interlacing and frameskip of 2, but it doesn't crash.

wow thanks, i'm gonna try this out :)

i dont know - but is there any chance of getting one of my precious crash bandicoots running?

i just saw you got the source code out, i really appreciate that. now i can try and f* around with a GLES renderer :)

Many thanks for this new release. Things run faster now but most of my games crash after 1 minute play no matter what setting I try. Diablo still has no sound but runs 75 % speed ingame. GTA runs at about 60 % ingame. Parasite Eve 2 runs at almost 100 %.

PS. We REALLY need to get the GPU to hit the Caanoo/Wiz hardware for the PSX emulator to have a chance on the Wiz/Caanoo.

Now it's the moment to implement a OpenGL/ES GPU with tile cache and get a better HLE for avoid play games with BIOS. Apart, fix a lot of bugs that PCSX4ALL has it yet.

I suppose that someone will compile PCSX4ALL for Pandora or Android etc. I would like that they will send me a email if they will do some improvement or fix some bug, and I hope that they will share the source code always for all people.

chui said:
Now it's the moment to implement a OpenGL/ES GPU with tile cache and get a better HLE for avoid play games with BIOS. Apart, fix a lot of bugs that PCSX4ALL has it yet.

i don't know where you'd start, but someone noted in the psx-rearmed thread, there's already a mostly working GLES GPU available: http://code.google.com/p/psx4m/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fgpu-gles

*edit*
if you want a quick start on wiz GLES, i'd recommend to download the source of my guitarsonfire port, where i've implemented simple quad and triangle drawing routines, besides gles init and cleanup routines. GLAPI.h/cpp/inl.h are the main files for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
chui said:

Just out of interest, do you think the emulator would gain speed when using OpenGL/ES, or would it be more or less the same, with the ability to do filtering?

CKeichel said:
chui said:

Just out of interest, do you think the emulator would gain speed when using OpenGL/ES, or would it be more or less the same, with the ability to do filtering?
I think that OpenGL/ES GPU will be more slow without tile cache; only with tile cache can be more fast. I wrote the code of tile cache with 3D textures for Dreamcast NEO4ALL and be gain a lot of speed.

i always wanted to get that far, but feared the work behind it; i think the biggest speed gain could be achieved, if you avoid using the GLES driver provided by GPH and directly access the pollux hardware. i didn't know any of your other projects, but seeing them now i seriously believe you're able to get that working :)

Does the frameskip work? When I run Ridge Racer, whatever setting I try, I get always the same percentage of speed.

I don't know a lot about hardware, but the Wiz and Caanoo both have 3D accelerated chips that allow them to execute 3D drawing routines faster than usual - this speed increase is only available if the renderer uses OpenGL ES; up to now, it's been using standard software drawing utilities (I'm guessing SDL triangle / quad drawing functions).

chui said:
I suppose that someone will compile PCSX4ALL for Pandora or Android etc. I would like that they will send me a email if they will do some improvement or fix some bug, and I hope that they will share the source code always for all people.
I'm planning to use gpu and spu code as optional plugins for PCSX-ReARMed project that I've recently started. All changes will be available in it's GIT.

Back