Release PCB See

benjiro said:
fischju said:
Does this board have the digital (video) in that the OMAP documentation shows? Or has that been removed?
It has only 2 output possibility's: s-video, and the digital output thats used to drive the LCD screen.
fischju was talking of digital video in, I believe. Also here.And on other board.

Indeed, I'd love to make a "DVR dock" for the Pandora that has video in, analog to digital converter, and hooks up to the internal input (via case mod) if it is on the Pandora's board.

fischju said:
Indeed, I'd love to make a "DVR dock" for the Pandora that has video in, analog to digital converter, and hooks up to the internal input (via case mod) if it is on the Pandora's board.
fischju, I'm convinced this has been answered (in the negative) before, but I cannot get the right terms to cut down the search. Where's Chip? :wink:

I'm here, but I don't have a more definitive for you. Michael said he provided pads for "as many points as possible", but nobody but the man himself knows whether or not the digital video input is one of them.

Chip said:
I'm here, but I don't have a more definitive for you. Michael said he provided pads for "as many points as possible", but nobody but the man himself knows whether or not the digital video input is one of them.
:( You've ruined the image, let us all down. jk.

Thanks for the reply.

Hooray!
Now they just need to make the case and the screen and it'll be finished.
Also, I wonder what will be the official keyboard layout.

greendots said:
Fancy a game of spot the difference?

It's red! :D

btw im pretty sure the center thing on the left is for battery
That's a difference, but it isn't the difference. If you're looking closely the power button was moved. It was next to the volume in the render, but it's now next to the headphone jack on the new PCB. And I'm going back to my previous statement that the battery lead was mislabeled as the pad for the power button.

TaG said:
Gruso posted a nice comparison. Direct link.

edit: Hope you don't mind me posting it here Gruso, but it's too cool not to.
pandpcbsmall.gif
Of course not, in fact I was hoping someone would post it here! I can't access gp32x from work. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah, I really wish they didn't change the color to (Stanfurd) red. Blue looked so much better in my opinion.

GO BEARS!

The PCB must have a RAM chip and a Flash chip, so my guess is one must me the central '?' chip under the OMAP, and the other must be the rectangular BGA to the right of the OMAP.

Really nice work. I can't wait to have my pandora with me p&|a :oops:

doragasu said:
The PCB must have a RAM chip and a Flash chip, so my guess is one must me the central '?' chip under the OMAP, and the other must be the rectangular BGA to the right of the OMAP.

Really nice work. I can't wait to have my pandora with me p&|a :oops:

Look at the link Chip provided, the RAM is stacked onto OMAP and the small chip under the OMAP is a power/audio controller.

¡That's really nice! I didn't know the Package-on-Package technollogy. Also the Flash is stacked over the omap, in the same chip as de RAM...

Back