Pc Spec. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow of Chaos posted on Sep 7 2005 at 12:00 AM said:
Oh did i forget to mention?

it should be way obvious by the price that itsa load of crap.

the price on the CPU and video card alone would be more than £500.. Just build the pc yourself, its way better.. and YOU know there is no crap going on inside it, not only that but you know how much your paying without gettin scammed :p
Yeah, thats what I thought originally, but I thought it was just accidentally that price, just because nobody else saw the system and bid the price up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus the

"Once your order is ready for delivery we will email you to arrange a delivery date which is suitable to you, We will then book your system to be collected from us via parcel force online 48 hour delivery service & we WILL email you the tracking number so you can track your parcel at anytime online @ www.parcelforce.com,"

in his terms and conditions.

davey g posted on Sep 7 2005 at 12:03 AM said:
Plus the

"Once your order is ready for delivery we will email you to arrange a delivery date which is suitable to you, We will then book your system to be collected from us via parcel force online 48 hour delivery service & we WILL email you the tracking number so you can track your parcel at anytime online @ www.parcelforce.com,"

in his terms and conditions.

LOL

Ye, well.. now we know for sure that as the saying goes "if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is" is damn right.

Just build yer own, you'll be fine.. though obviously its gonna cost more than £500 its well worth it.

davey g posted on Sep 7 2005 at 12:30 AM said:
Well at I'm thinking about cutting into my student loan and plonking down some do on this one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...mMakeTrack=true

Actually no, scratch that, this is a better deal,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Bollocks, I bought a laptop recently for £630

although I also bought a TFT for multiscreens, so I might buy a desktop in the future, then get a roamer or soething to set up between my laptop and computer

btw, if he doesnt deliver it i live pretty close to weymouth i think ;)

Yeah, I'm going to have a problem the the monitor I think. I can't afford to get a cheap TFT let alone a decent one with a fast response and a high contrast ratio. I'd really need a large viewing area aswell seeing as my course is modelling, animation and things like that.

What I'm doing is buying a refurbed Dell M992 monitor for £50 or so. 1600x1200 Max Rez at 70hz, 19" flat screen. I hope my dorm room isn't too small though.

cool, i dont think im gonan be too worried about computers because there is a massive 24hour computer dept. in the engineering building, which has top spec Pcs for what I need em for

Please Note,

Im not posting any more posts on these forums, im dealing with matt via email, phone & messenger privatly & how it should be, well actually anyone that emails me will get full replies etc,

Please don't expect anymore posts from me regarding these topics so don't expect a reply or wait for me to post back because i won't be posting, im sure matt will post when his system's there & setup & has taken pictures etc,

i think il goto a computer fair for a screen, like queensway(in london) or tottenham court road(also in london, spelt wrong though) hopefully il find some dirt cheap nice sozed screens, i saw 256mb mp3's for £7 each like a month ago, also i hear its cheap, but a £1 entry fee to a computer fair is abit weird, or isnt it?

Nothing wrong with having to pay £1. It's not much, and it pays for the event.
Make sure you have a firm Idea of what you want when you go in, you are not a very informed person on PC parts from what I have seen.

Hanz™ posted on Sep 7 2005 at 05:44 PM said:
Nothing wrong with having to pay £1. It's not much, and it pays for the event.
Make sure you have a firm Idea of what you want when you go in, you are not a very informed person on PC parts from what I have seen.

the "event" is every day from what i know, i want a 17-19 inch screen, small screens give me a head ache from such sucky res(really) my bro knows abit(not much really), but hes lazy so i just leave him alone ;)

Are you going for a CRT or a TFT?

If CRT you'll want a high refresh rate at those high resolutions. Low refresh rates really hurt the eyes more than low resolutions and it isn't the screen size in inches that defines the resolution. You should get a monitor which runs 1280x960 at 75hz at the least.

If TFT, well, they don't have refresh rates but rather a response time. It'll be expensive but for gaming you'll want a 16ms response time or less.

everyone ignoring me then?............................................

"Please Note,

Im not posting any more posts on these forums, im dealing with matt via email, phone & messenger privatly & how it should be, well actually anyone that emails me will get full replies etc,

Please don't expect anymore posts from me regarding these topics so don't expect a reply or wait for me to post back because i won't be posting, im sure matt will post when his system's there & setup & has taken pictures etc,"

If CRT you'll want a high refresh rate at those high resolutions. Low refresh rates really hurt the eyes more than low resolutions and it isn't the screen size in inches that defines the resolution. You should get a monitor which runs 1280x960 at 75hz at the least.
Tell me about it, I can't stand less than 100Hz. :p

Edit: Did you get the PC Matt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back