Pc Spec. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klown posted on Sep 5 2005 at 01:32 PM said:
Why won't you show us. Your ridiculous logic only shows you have something to hide.
It's obvious really the newer fishkeeping forums is having hosting dificulties and will probably not be up for another couple of weeks. :p

Edit: Well that was a well thought of comeback. I wonder why he let Davey_g see the other fish-keeping site.

Last edited by a moderator:
for the simple reason that i keep pc & fish completely seperate

Surely they wuld have to be tropical fish as the water would be warm. Also how do you stop them being circulated with the water?

certainly possible though, dunno how but davey g was on the right lines i think <_<

Thinking about that did you know that if someone could actually do that without blowing themselfs up it would proberly be a world first??, surely the heat from the system would keep it warm enough for tropical fish (around 80f), Anyone wonna try???? :blink:

bargainbassments posted on Sep 5 2005 at 11:18 AM said:
Also, what do you lot think on this:

Davey g was gonna charge me £200 for doing a website for me, does this sound a lot to you????
I'm actually in the web design/programming business, and £200 doesn't sound like much. I don't know how much you asked him to do but I usually ask for £2000 for an online shop and admin backend.

your obviously a pro at it though???? im not saying davey ain't

Yeah I'm not a professional so I just picked a low price. I was just going to make him a website for his Fish-Keeping forum at first then when I had time (after settling in to university) do the computer site for him.

Here's a sample site I set up for him. Basically it was going to have a PHP/mySQL news posting front end and be linked directly in with the forum. It would also have a premium members page and have all the forum stats, latest posts and such shown on the site. All the graphics were done by me aswell. It's pretty basic though plus I didn't have a clue what to charge having only done website for myselfs and other people for free.

davey g posted on Sep 5 2005 at 01:42 PM said:
the idea of using water cooling and have fish swimming around inside. That would be awesome.

bargainbassments posted on Sep 5 2005 at 02:47 PM said:
certainly possible though, dunno how but davey g was on the right lines i think <_<

Thinking about that did you know that if someone could actually do that without blowing themselfs up it would proberly be a world first??, surely the heat from the system would keep it warm enough for tropical fish (around 80f), Anyone wonna try???? :blink:

Not a worlds first for liquid cooling: http://www.alienware.com/alx_pages/main_alx.aspx

But if you got living fish in there bingo.

Still no tracking code.

i can buy/pay it today cause my mum said she'll cough up the money, me and BB made a deal :D and my internet may cut off tomorrow and my mum just wanted for me to pay today...

But if i pay taday BB may i have a tracking number asap cause it will make me confodant, also what way would you prefer? papal or check // me prefers paypal...

DON'T BUY OR PAY FOR IT TODAY YOU IDIOT!

Matt didn't receive the PC today nor the tracking number. I've been wondering why BB would continue stalling even if he was a fraud. This is that reason! Matt should have definately got his PC today. 100% certainly. Many people have been wondering why BB continues to defend himself on here, whether he was a fraud or not. This is the reason, by stalling with Matt he can still seem a genuine seller and gave him time to get the money off you.

How can you not see this? Why can't you just wait a day or two? If he is genuine, he won't mind. If you want to go through with it, fine, just NOT TODAY!

davey g posted on Sep 5 2005 at 05:32 PM said:

well my internet is gonna/most probably cut today and i dont know when il be back on(hopefully tommorow after the cut off)

well il just see whats happeneing...

saintdragon posted on Sep 5 2005 at 05:35 PM said:
davey g posted on Sep 5 2005 at 05:32 PM said:

well my internet is gonna/most probably cut today and i dont know when il be back on(hopefully tommorow after the cut off)

well il just see whats happeneing...
Well I wouldn't attempt to buy something from overseas with no internet connection you know?

After reading this thread, I can't believe ANYONE would buy something from this guy at present. I'd certainly not risk it.

Edit: Has anyone made the joke about the spelling of bassment, and how he's clearly not keeping Fish and Computers seperate? If not, I'd like to put that one forward.

Mark posted on Sep 5 2005 at 05:39 PM said:
After reading this thread, I can't believe ANYONE would buy something from this guy at present. I'd certainly not risk it.

Yeah I agree, I've been watching this thread all the way through and now I'm convinced that this just isnt right. Only importing livestock from Iran would cause this much legitimate trouble.

meh, im a poor sod, cant offord a grand pc :( so i have to go for the cheaper option, and i can just redirect the money to me if all else fails, also i pray that my 8 meg connection will be done tommororw, i beg of god!!!!111!oneoneone :p

Listen, I have to get a PC for Uni, I don't have much money, I'm getting a refurbished CRT so I can get a slightly higher spec PC and I cancelled my deal with this guy. Don't be stupid. At least wait until Matt gets his.

Mark posted on Sep 5 2005 at 04:39 PM said:
Edit: Has anyone made the joke about the spelling of bassment, and how he's clearly not keeping Fish and Computers seperate? If not, I'd like to put that one forward.

Well the bassment thing is covered.

As for not keeping Fish and Computers separate, I think people know he is lying about that so don't really care. But yeah, I'll bite, how do you make a website about fish while still keeping computers and fish separate? Eh? That's what you were talking about right?

Don't speak to harshly of him Davey, or he will sue you.
:p

And Edit: I'm getting a new PC too, its not that expensive to get a decent machine, just prioritise a bit. For eg. I need a PC to last me for 4 years in University, so I have opted to get a really decent motherboard, so I have lots and lots of upgrade options. And can later get a fast Athlon X2.

davey g posted on Sep 5 2005 at 05:48 PM said:
Listen, I have to get a PC for Uni, I don't have much money, I'm getting a refurbished CRT so I can get a slightly higher spec PC and I cancelled my deal with this guy. Don't be stupid. At least wait until Matt gets his.

Mark posted on Sep 5 2005 at 04:39 PM said:

Well the bassment thing is covered.

As for not keeping Fish and Computers separate, I think people know he is lying about that so don't really care. But yeah, I'll bite, how do you make a website about fish while still keeping computers and fish separate? Eh? That's what you were talking about right?

Nah, I'm thinking more about bassment.

Ho-ho! etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back