Pc Engine Emu Flickering Since Upgrade!

S

sausage dog

OK guys, I have upgraded to firmware 1.4 and have cramfs installed for the ultrafast loading time. Everything seems to work just fine except for the pcengine emulator (gp2xemulator 1.2) that has developed the most annoying flickering.

Could it be that the upgrade has interfered with the pcengine emulators speed options? When I used to change speed I noticed a difference in the frame rate, i think, but don't see any changes...just constant flickering.

ta

In FW 1.4, entering the main menu defaults the CPU to 200Mhz ... the PC Engine emu has some OC ability built in, which interferes with the new FW's default CPU settings.

i thought it was because the menu gets overclocked to 100Mhz? but yeah it's because of the cpu speed getting changed while the lcd freq stays the same. just use the cpu/lcd tweaker in a shell script when you launch the emulator...try settings like "1 2 speed_mhz" or something. i'm sure everyone's is different but i'm also sure that you'll find a setting that removes the flickering.

Back