Sales PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

CronoTriggerfan said:
PoisonedV said:
Sphinxter said:
Said, "Paypal sucks", no one listens.
i feel you, bro. kind of funny, actually, looking back through the paypal threads.
Go to hell. :lol:

Eh, I know when I've screwed up, and I'll admit that I was obviously arguing for the wrong side on this one. Now will you stop being a total douche? No? Okay. :p

I really hope this gets straightened out soon, I just sent an angry message to PayPal over this, I recommend everyone else does the same!
actually, wasn't talking about you. lol, for once. more about how eerily foreboding alot of this stuff is. no matter how much i dislike anyone, they shouldn't miss out on the pandora because of stupid problems on a paranoid website

PoisonedV said:
actually, wasn't talking about you. lol, for once. more about how eerily foreboding alot of this stuff is. no matter how much i dislike anyone, they shouldn't miss out on the pandora because of stupid problems on a paranoid website
I love you too. :lol:

Either way, I agree, this is really crappy, and not just because it affects me. I hope PayPal comes to their senses and un-freezes these accounts; if not, I hope even more that everyone has a backup plan and will be given the time to institute it. I have confidence that everything will work out in the end, but it's just one more thing I (and others) have to worry about this week. Shit happens, I guess... :(

Wow.

Work was hell today, and my main computer has been down for almost a week due to a hard drive failure. I finally got everything restored from backups and running, and I get on the forums to read about this mess. :twisted:

I'm assuming that this only affects the conventional PayPal transactions then, and NOT on the PayPal temporary cards? As the PayPal situation hadn't been resolved when I put my preorder through, I just used one of those cards instead. Everything looks green on my end, the money is out of my checking account and the transaction appears to be completed.

Edit: Spelling.

This is so horrible, very very horrible. :(
That paypal was my last chance. Working endlessly for months, just to preorder my pandora, and now this. :(
Is it possible to still preorder with paypal if ever this was fixed? I'm too poor to get a creditcard, I just used my aunty's paypal account outside my country. This is horrible :(

Paypal freezes accounts for 6 months, and from everything I've seen there is no way to get it unfrozen before then.

You know, the funny thing about this is that I was at first arguing against PayPal myself, but then when my credit card wouldn't work and I thought I didn't have a lot of time I ordered with PayPal.

Not going to do that again...

I hope I get a chance to try the credit card again, I'll call them and make sure they put it through this time.

Something is very odd about this....

I paid by PayPal on Oct. 1 via e-check...

Just got an email from PayPal today that e-check just cleared today....

:twisted:

soulanger said:
That paypal was my last chance. Working endlessly for months, just to preorder my pandora, and now this. :(
Is it possible to still preorder with paypal if ever this was fixed? I'm too poor to get a creditcard, I just used my aunty's paypal account outside my country. This is horrible :(
I still wonder whether they are collecting interest somewhere. This only seems to happen if they are given too much money at one time after all.

PandoraNoHako said:
soulanger said:
I still wonder whether they are collecting interest somewhere. This only seems to happen if they are given too much money at one time after all.

Paypal also freezes interest (if I understood you correctly...)

ArchiMark said:
Something is very odd about this....

I paid by PayPal on Oct. 1 via e-check...

Just got an email from PayPal today that e-check just cleared today....

:twisted:
Doesn't seem to be odd at all. I paid by PayPal a day before you via e-Check and my payment cleared the previous business day (Friday).

fischju said:
Paypal also freezes interest (if I understood you correctly...)
I mean the "frozen" money being their own virtual currency, couldn't they just secretly take the money to some usual bank account and let it collect interest during those six months it is shown as "frozen" and then quickly get it back for refunding but keep the secretly collected interest on their swiss bank account or something?

Yay for conspiracy theories!

CronoTriggerfan said:
I just sent an angry message to PayPal over this, I recommend everyone else does the same!

Can I suggest that people don't do that? Look on the first page and you'll see the reason why this happened: Paypal don't allow you to pay for goods that are over 20 days away from being shipped. It's their policy. It's clear and unambiguous. It's there for a variety of reasons to protect everyone involved (yes, really). It doesn't matter whether you agree with it or not, that's their policy.

Sending angry messages will just make it look like people haven't bothered to understand what's gone on and is inviting the reply "Pandora broke Paypal's policy, it's nothing to do with us", and will also not exactly endear Paypal to pandora's cause.

The good people of pandora (and paypal) are sorting it out one way or another.

This is highly confusing.

The original topic says "ALL Paypal orders canceled" but craigx later states that only 100 of the 3000 or 4000 buyers have been affected.

Does this mean most of the people who's bought it through Paypal is in the safe zone? I paid through Paypal manually, from Canada. My account doesn't seem to be frozen, and the transaction is "complete"

What does this mean? Am I safe?

Also, why have Paypal frozen people's accounts?

I think it means that only ~100 people used Paypal. I assume the two frozen Paypal accounts are the ones belonging to ED and Craig. And I'll go on to assume (I'm getting pretty deep into the assumptions here!) that any money paid would have gone through ok from the payer's end, but is now frozen at the Pandora end.

It's all academic though. Here's the important thing:

EvilDragon said:
Don't worry - just because of a change of the payment method won't make you lose your first batch preorder.

It's not YOUR fault PayPal did this, so be sure you get your Pandora from first batch when everything has been solved :)

Gruso said:
I think it means that only ~100 people used Paypal. I assume the two frozen Paypal accounts are the ones belonging to ED and Craig. And I'll go on to assume (I'm getting pretty deep into the assumptions here!) that any money paid would have gone through ok from the payer's end, but is now frozen at the Pandora end.

It's all academic though. Here's the important thing:

EvilDragon said:
Don't worry - just because of a change of the payment method won't make you lose your first batch preorder.

It's not YOUR fault PayPal did this, so be sure you get your Pandora from first batch when everything has been solved :)

Only a 100 out of the 3000 used Paypal? :huh: I still want to know if its possible that my order DID go through and nothing is wrong :( .

So would that include my Canadian order as well?
Mine was sent to Jacquelyn's account. As I have no other way to pay besides Paypal, I assume my foray into the Pandora world ends here for now? How can I go about getting a refund, should I file in the Paypal resolution centre or can the account holding with the money simply refund it?

iJeff said:
So would that include my Canadian order as well?
Mine was sent to Jacquelyn's account. As I have no other way to pay besides Paypal, I assume my foray into the Pandora world ends here for now? How can I go about getting a refund, should I file in the Paypal resolution centre or can the account holding with the money simply refund it?

Same, I paid her manually through Paypal, and I got a confirmation email back from her. The Paypal transaction has been complete, so the money did go through and all. But I think Jacquelyn's account has been frozen.

So right now, our money is sitting in nothingness?

I really hope I don't need to get a refund and start over :wacko:

Just to reiterate, my post was all assumption and I'm not an authority on the situation. I would refer to you to the thread title though - ALL Paypal orders are affected.

My advice is to sit tight and wait for more information. Don't assume the worst just yet. They'll do their best to sort this out, they're good business people. Probably the worst thing anyone can do is bombard the Pandora or Paypal people with emails. Craig will post back here soon enough.

Same here.
likely the money will not be credited in the account of our card, simply.
the subject is, Pandora orders keeps our email and we enter in list, and we try again.

Back