Password Door 6

Steve-O

Ok, My Brother has gone on holiday for a week and he has installed this stupid Password thing called PASSWORD DOOR 6... I need to use a programm on his PC but this software makes it so that every file that you try to open requires a password to activate.

Is there a Way to Reset the password or get around it without knowing the password??

I tried uninstalling it and thats even password protected :(

Iorgy77 posted on Jul 17 2004 at 04:06 PM said:
what happens if you boot from another hard drive?

maybe put your harddrive in his computer as the boot drive to acces his hard drive...
too much hassle :(

Takes ages to undo all my computer and get the hdd out etc

Last edited by a moderator:
your not really gonna be able to do anything about this (anything that could get rid of it wuld be too difficult to do), after all it is password software it would be silly if you could just uninstall it....
Is there any way you could contact your brother?

have you tried changing what programs load at boot?

Or maby try ctrl alt delete and killing it

Iorgy77 posted on Jul 17 2004 at 05:56 PM said:
Is there any way you could contact your brother?
Steve-o is probably the reason his brother has a password... if hes anything like my brother :ph34r:
its the other way around in this house lol...

HE usually downloads anything and installs it flooding computers with Spyware, Viruses Etc..

Ill just have to wait untill he gets back.. no signal where he is :(

Rico posted on Jul 17 2004 at 07:42 PM said:
Deleted User posted on Jul 17 2004 at 05:13 PM said:
cant

It requires a password to close

Have you tried... abgesicherter Modus.... um... safe mode or whatever it's called in english? While booting, press F8 for the boot menu and then choose that mode (it only loads the absolutely necessary drivers).

Or, get another task manager and force termination.

Or, wade through the registry in hope of the password being in there.

Or, try a boot disk and delete the program using DOS.

I would try the last one. Nearly assured to work.

Steve-O posted on Jul 18 2004 at 12:38 PM said:
cant

ffs you should still be able to brutally kill the process. Are you using the Processes tab (not Applications) ?

Rico posted on Jul 18 2004 at 03:46 PM said:
Steve-O posted on Jul 18 2004 at 12:38 PM said:
cant

ffs you should still be able to brutally kill the process. Are you using the Processes tab (not Applications) ?
Tried all that,..

Tried Safe Mode
No idea where to look in the safe mode

Dont want to try Using DOS incase I delete the wrong thing... The Directory where its installed to could be called anything or made to look like anything (Been reading about it on a Web site)

I think the only way around it is to reinstall windows lol

apparently even the people that created it can hardly help you if u forget your password... Balls :p

Axeman posted on Jul 18 2004 at 05:28 PM said:
Face it... you're finished :p
Yup :D

looks like Im :( hehe

He's good. Oh well, password protect your account and stop him from having root access (erm, Administrator). Open the policy editor and lock him down from even running an EXE. Bwhahaha!!

Rico posted on Jul 18 2004 at 06:17 PM said:
He's good. Oh well, password protect your account and stop him from having root access (erm, Administrator). Open the policy editor and lock him down from even running an EXE. Bwhahaha!!
Hes Not Good, The Software is good :p lol

Going into Safe Mode should allow you to uninstall the program. If not, a few things to try...

1) Go into Safe Mode, then go into Control Panel->Administrative Services->Services and see if Password Door 6.0 is listed there. If so, set it to "Disabled".

2) Put in your Windows XP CD then setup your BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM (it might do this already). Then choose to boot XP from your CD-ROM. This may give you some more options.

3) Instead of a clean reinstall, do a "Recovery". This should erase all your programs and drivers, but keep your settings. An alternative would be to save your settings on a floppy (they aren't that big) or a CD.

Back