Release PARSEC47

M-HT

Very Active Member
Website
github.com
Hi,

I ported PARSEC47 to Pandora.

PARSEC47 is a vertical shmup game by Kenta Cho.

Supports C4A highscores using fusilli client with caching (only Normal difficulty starting at level 1, both Roll and Lock modes).

Movement: DPAD / Left nub
Shot: [A/Y]
Slow / Roll, Lock: [X/B]
Pause: [P]
Quit: [ESC]

The C4A highscore is uploaded after quiting the game.
If internet connection is not available, the highscore will be uploaded next time.
Of course you need to have C4A profile.

Download:
repo

The source code is inside the PND and on GitHub.

Changes:
v0.2.0.3:
* C4A highscores are uploaded using fusilli client with caching

v0.2.0.2:
* added nubs support
* added support for C4A

Last edited:
Those releases are really great!

Could you enable nubsupport?

That would make it perfect.

Sometimes the game runs very fast. Then when there are a few ships on the screen it gets slower but is it intended to run that fast at the beginning.

Also c4a support for those games would be good.

Those releases are really great!
Thanks!

Could you enable nubsupport?

That would make it perfect.
You mean to act like a mouse and move the ship this way ?

There's no mouse support in the original and I want to stay as close to the original as possible (so the game is as the author intended).

Sometimes the game runs very fast. Then when there are a few ships on the screen it gets slower but is it intended to run that fast at the beginning.
I'll have to do more playing on Pandora to see it myself.

There's a problem with adding C4A support to this game. Or to be more precise, 80 problems.

There are 4 levels of difficulty, 2 modes of operation and 10 possible starting levels - that's 80 sepparate highscores in total.

Some people are grumbling when there are a few C4A entries for a game (i.e. 4) - what would they say, if there would be 80 entries for on game ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a problem with adding C4A support to this game. Or to be more precise, 80 problems.There are 4 levels of difficulty, 2 modes of operation and 10 possible starting levels - that's 80 sepparate highscores in total.

Some people are grumbling when there are a few C4A entries for a game (i.e. 4) - what would they say, if there would be 80 entries for on game ? :)
Maybe just pick one mode and add it as an extra menu option to the menu screen as the "C4A" option? :)
I downloaded this and am looking forward to playing it because I really like rRootage. rRootage has a small problem that the dark blue bullets are practically invisible on the Pandora (at least mine)

With nub support I mean setting the left nub as joystick at startup. I think those games all have joysticksupport.

With rRootage, I only had to modify the code to look for the right joystick as it picked a wrong one iirc.

With nub support I mean setting the left nub as joystick at startup. I think those games all have joysticksupport.

With rRootage, I only had to modify the code to look for the right joystick as it picked a wrong one iirc.
That should be possible.

Maybe just pick one mode and add it as an extra menu option to the menu screen as the "C4A" option?  :)
So if I add Normal difficulty, starting at level 1, both modes to C4A (there would be 2 entries for the game in C4A) would that be OK or does anyone have a different suggestion ?

It could only be normal difficulty starting from level 1. The points are persistent between levels and if you start from level 2 it will start with 0 so one mode might be enough per mode. Yes.

This is intentional. When there are loads of baddies / bullets on the screen, the game slows down so you have a chance to dodge them - it is referred to in the readme as "intentional slowdown". You can disable it with the -nowait command line parameter (I edited the pnd's .sh script to add the -reverse command line parameter to swap the fire and special buttons, so you should be able to add the -nowait parameter in the same way).

Hi,

@ M-HT: thanks for porting this great game to the Pandora !

And congratulations for your gold cup on C4A ;)

Bye, Magic Sam

Thanks,

and I see that you reclaimed the gold cup already - at least in one mode.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aargh, you beat me in both modes :eek:

I can't bear this humiliation, entering ritual seppuku mode in 5...4...3...2...1  :p  

P.S: my grand grand father was from Pered / Tesedikovo, you know that place ?

Bye, Magic Sam

Aargh, you beat me in both modes :eek:

I can't bear this humiliation, entering ritual seppuku mode in 5...4...3...2...1  :p
If it helps you, I can't beat your score in A7Xpg. :)

P.S: my grand grand father was from Pered / Tesedikovo, you know that place ?
First time I heard about it.
My hi-score in A7Xpg is 100% pure luck ! I don't know how I did it, and I can't reproduce it !

Pered / Tesedikovo seems not far away from Bratislava, that's why I asked you :)

And btw, I beat you again in roll mode ;)

Bye, Magic Sam

I uploaded new version to the repo.

Changes:
* C4A highscores are uploaded using fusilli client with caching

Download:
repo

The source code is inside the PND and on GitHub.

Last edited:
Back