Panodra Durability

Would there be anything stopping someone from designing and building their own case to fit the Pandora hardware into?

I've always liked aluminum cases (Tapwave Zodiac). CNC milled Bubinga cases would be awesome too. Someone want to get right on that?

Of course they'll have to be set up to fit within a few thousandths and be indestructible for people to not complain, so best make them out of platinum for mold stability.

Would there be anything stopping someone from designing and building their own case to fit the Pandora hardware into?

I've always liked aluminum cases (Tapwave Zodiac). CNC milled Bubinga cases would be awesome too. Someone want to get right on that?

Of course they'll have to be set up to fit within a few thousandths and be indestructible for people to not complain, so best make them out of platinum for mold stability.
Here's your answer. :D

Build quality in general is pretty good.

I have the LCD cable thing, when I open it up or close it, it goes pink for a bit, though it's normall all the way open. I'm a premium buyer and sooner or later, I will send my pandora in for a checkup/fix if needed. Gosh, I'd be willing to pay for the parts. The pandora isn't perfect, but I love the project, I love the people involved and if anything, this first version is a great learning experience for the next. I also love my pandora in general, it has its flaws, but it makes up for it by being a very wide range device.

I dropped my pandora pretty badly a few weeks ago, and that caused a few minor cracks in the case, nothing I "can't" fix if I really wanted to, but I'm betting once I send it in, RMA it up, it'll get replaced and fixed.

I have the LCD cable thing, when I open it up or close it, it goes pink for a bit, though it's normall all the way open. I'm a premium buyer and sooner or later, I will send my pandora in for a checkup/fix if needed. Gosh, I'd be willing to pay for the parts. The pandora isn't perfect, but I love the project, I love the people involved and if anything, this first version is a great learning experience for the next. I also love my pandora in general, it has its flaws, but it makes up for it by being a very wide range device.

I dropped my pandora pretty badly a few weeks ago, and that caused a few minor cracks in the case, nothing I "can't" fix if I really wanted to, but I'm betting once I send it in, RMA it up, it'll get replaced and fixed.

That sounds like you intend to be a bit dishonest...

I'd say that replacing the video cable is likely OPL's responsibility, but that you should probably cough up payment for the broken case bits due to your little oops if you expect them to be repaired/replaced in the RMA process. OPL isn't a huge company. We expect them to deal honestly with us. They should be able to expect the same in return.

That sounds like you intend to be a bit dishonest...

I'd say that replacing the video cable is likely OPL's responsibility, but that you should probably cough up payment for the broken case bits due to your little oops if you expect them to be repaired/replaced in the RMA process. OPL isn't a huge company. We expect them to deal honestly with us. They should be able to expect the same in return.

It does? Because I actually said I'd be willing to pay for the parts?

Back