Pandora's Passwords

anntao

Still Fresh
I can feel this is going to be a full noob question but I'll take my chances anyway.

Is there a way to get rid of the passwords like when you launch android or enable the wifi? I kinda feel it's an unnecessary step for my user case... 

(thanks for the help and apologies if this has already been addressed in multiple threads)

I don't recall ever having to do that when I enable the wifi, but I think I read somewhere you need to enter a keyring password if you don't have a log in password set..

Android and such however needs root authority to work properly, you are providing that via sudoers access when you enter in that password. It's possible to change the sudoers file in /etc/sudoers to not ask for a password.. you can use the command visudo to edit this file, It's using the vi editor, which that text editor can be not too friendly to people new to Unix/Linux OSs. You can edit it with a normal text editor if you change the permissions of the sudoers file to allow editing, but you need to change it back to the original permission properties or you will break the log in system. I suppose that is also not too friendly for new *nix users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if you have the Pandora auto-login, I'm afraid you have to unlock the keyring. It's somewhat inconvenient, but I've gotten used to it now (not that I wouldn't mind a way around this ;) )

I've never used vi, but you could always use this command

sudo mousepad /etc/sudoersSaves you messing around with permissions and let's you modify the file in Mousepad, which is a nice, simple GUI text editor installed on the Pandora
Hmmm, I was getting confused with a different file. You can use sudo mousepad to edit any text file with root permissions. There's another list (can't remember what it's called) that let's you run as root without a password. You could always setup a script to start the android pnd with sudo, then put that script in that list.

That paragraph would probably make more sense if I could remember the filename :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The sudoers file is one exception and it will still open as readonly even when invoking root authority. It will even be read only as true root.

Back