Corrupted Downloads

Asmo

Advanced Member
I may have dreamt it, but I seem to recall a problem with corrupted downloads being mentioned before, and it possibly having been addressed in HF5, but I couldn't find anything about it just now, so -

When I use the Pandora to download RAR or Zipped files (anywhere from 100mb to 2Gb) from file hosts like Rapidshare and others of the same ilk, about 50% of the time when I go to extract them on my PC, they fail with reports of CRC (corruption) errors in one or more parts of a multiple part RAR, or with the loss of some content of a Zip. A second download - on the Pandora again - of the affected file usually solves the problem, but it's a bit of a nuisance.

There's no apparent problem with my internet connection as downloads on the desktop PC don't fail like this, and my Pandora's WiFi has never been problematic, it normally downloads happily at around 300kb/s+.

The problem seems independent of browser, I use both Firefox 4b10 and Chromium dev with the same results, under both Hotfix 4 (Nand) or Hotfix 6a4 (SD).

I wondered if it was some sort of buffering or write speed glitch? The destination is normally a class 6 SD. Would it be more or less reliable to use a faster card or usb drive?

Is any particular browser more suited to the task?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back