Pandora's Emulators - What Will Work And What Won't

Kid-Ras,

Just to give you a quick idea how much more capable the Pandora is than the DS...

Pandora has:

9x - 13x the processing power (or more) of DS
32x as much working memory as DS
8x the screen resolution

Plus all sorts of controls and features (like TV-out) the DS doesn't. And it's basically a mini Linux computer, which gives it access to a potentially vast base of applications from the start.

There's no comparison in terms of hardware, the DS is not in the same universe as Pandora. The only reason to own a DS is for some of the excellent DS games.

Yep Pandora kick major ass spec wise :)

I'm personally looking forward to the following emu's.

Snes: Squidge will or has already got this sucker running full speed with nice filters.

Psx4Pandora: This looks so good, I know this will be one of the best emu's for the system.

Dosbox: Doom 1,2,Duke3d,Black Throne,Descent full speed... can't a man dream :)

Amiga: can't wait to play some A1200 specs games full speed.

N64: I always wanted a portable N64 machine, I belive with time someone can make this happen.

The Pandora is looking absolutely sick. Is there any more indication on when it will be available other than June / July? Is there a pre-order option available?

Also, does the system have touch screen functionality?

I think it's written all over that it has a touchscreen :p

And there's no pre-order yet. IIRC they said the pre-orders will start sometime around a month before release, so that's also a good release date indication ;)

yeah well my thing was i wanted to see if it could play my ds games cause i get them for free with the R4 i know i know (its not legal) but everyone does it lol can you surf the net with the pandora

Kid-Ras said:
yeah well my thing was i wanted to see if it could play my ds games cause i get them for free with the R4 i know i know (its not legal) but everyone does it lol can you surf the net with the pandora
And now we've come full circle.

No more answers for you until you read the FAQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid-Ras said:
i know i know (its not legal) but everyone does it lol
Augh! These sorts of comments absolutely KILL me! After all, if it's all right because "everyone" does it, why not go out and murder someone? After all, murder happens all the time, so that must make it right. <_<

On top of that, saying "everyone does it" is a well-known logical fallacy. It's only used when you want to fit in or you have no morals.

Edit: If a moderator thinks this is a bad post, feel free to delete. I can't decide whether or not to blank it out myself...

If you really think it's ok, why try to justify it? If we all do it, we wouldn't need a justification. Also, please use punctuation marks or line breaks in your posts.

I think people are lying to themselves if they believe that not all of us especially on a open source emulator driven handheld forum doesn't download illegial roms! But hey i got mine back in '95 before the laws of rom downloading kicked in! Yeah if i believe that too i would be mad!
And owning the full retail game then dl the rom doesn't hold any weight either, if you read the laws on the product can only be owned in the physical form you bought it in....
Sure we can dl and ;) at each other as we all know we ALL do it, but not saying it makes it ok in the disillusioned minds!

Please do not drag this thread down into another ROM legality argument. No good can come of it. There are countless threads on the subject already.

^
Not here...i'm on the forums daily and I've never seen one.
and i can say that for an emulator, it is so much easier to download a rom than to rip it yourself. (obviously)

Let's all agree to not discuss legality etc. OK?

That's not the purpose of this topic. And it's been done to death all over the internet, and not one single flame filled argument after a decade+ of such arguments has ever, or will ever, change anything.

Do what you decide to do, how you wish to do it. Just do it quietly, and hope you never get in any trouble over it. Nobody here is an angel, and we all know that full well.

So let's stick to the topic - the emulation potential of Pandora.

bustaballs said:
I'd kill for a fully functional Saturn emulator. I'd show no mercy.
I'll help you!

Saturn had an amazing library with some really fantastic exclusives.

Will the Pandora's screen be able to run at 50Hz? Because that's necessary for perfect Amiga experience...

Back