Beta Pandorapanic! All New Testbuilds

B-ZaR said:
Very nice! I tried to reproduce the sound bug in "Rotating Turret" listed on the bug tracker, but it seemed to work fine. One thing I noticed though: in the "Memory Blocks" mini game there should be a small delay after getting the last block right before the win screen. Now the player does not actually see the correct combination on the screen. Also level 16 of the candle blowing game is kinda impossible :)

In any case, congrats all around!

EDIT: removed unnecessary quote
@Rotating Turret: I forgot to update the bug tracker, actually we just disabled one sound to make it work (somehow SDL_mixer gets confused and assigns the same channel to the sounds, which messes things up).

@Memory Blocks: Agreed, will work on it.

@Cake: Yeah, some game need some difficulty tweaking (TestYourSight also starts way too easy and gets too hard).

Thanks for the report, hopefully we can work out most of this stuff until Tuesday.

foxblock out

Last edited by a moderator:
Work is in progress a few difficulties to be tweaked and such. We are now going for Friday to be "release" day so hopefully we can get a nice PND file ready for then.
Still waiting for confirmation that the RC4 build runs as it should on Pandora too.

See you Friday!

I have sent the Win32 files to PokeParadox, so the new builds should be out today! :D

We have fixed a whole number of bugs (mostly mem-leaks), but also some things addressed by you:
  • Memory blocks will now check the code after the time runs out or if you press A. It will also show the results of this check (what's wrong and what's right), so no instant-win
  • Cake has been updated with some new movement, which makes the game play differently and more interesting (also every level is beat-able now)
  • The achievement system has been updated to allow more complex achievements
  • We added 4 new achievements (2 using the new system)
  • We now have a total of 30 achievements, try to get them all!
  • We have a total of 24 minigames
This build will be the "release1" and probably the last one before the Pandora release.

So a big thanks to everyone who participated by creating games, graphics and music and a VERY big thanks to PokeParadox for the initial idea, getting it started and watching over the whole project, helping beginners (like me) to get a foot into C++ and SDL!

foxblock out

The builds are up: http://projectinfinity.org.uk/doku.php?id=homebrew:games:pandorapanic#downloads

So there we are. The builds should be final final final. But if you come across major problems... then obviously let us know.
A PND will be provided shortly... but now I have to go pull some pints at work...

AAAAAAAAAaaaaannnnnnnd... I've built 32b Ubuntu 10.04 builds on my eeepc too.

Don't forget you have to get the binaries for your system as well as the data files to get this running.

In case you have an old installation, please delete it entirely before extracting the new one (don't place the new files over the old) or you will run into problems regarding the achievement and highscore system.

Also, if you have any comments about the achievements (don't work as intended, too hard, too easy) or have a new idea for an achievement, please let me know and I will work on it!
But I guess this discussion should take place in the original topic then: http://www.gp32x.de...-pandora-panic/

Have fun with the new builds!

foxblock out

Edit: Now I have bumped PokeParadox' comment... so here is a quote:
PokeParadox said:
The builds are up: http://projectinfini...panic#downloads

So there we are. The builds should be final final final. But if you come across major problems... then obviously let us know.
A PND will be provided shortly... but now I have to go pull some pints at work...

AAAAAAAAAaaaaannnnnnnd... I've built 32b Ubuntu 10.04 builds on my eeepc too.

Nice :)
Any ideas, how fast PandoraPanic runs onto the Pandora? I mean, does it need the entire 500MHz or less? (Well, I hope less :D )

So a big thanks to everyone who participated by creating games, graphics and music and a VERY big thanks to PokeParadox for the initial idea, getting it started and watching over the whole project, helping beginners (like me) to get a foot into C++ and SDL!

Seconded!!!

Edit: Err, fox, i quoted this from you, kinda looks like im talking to myself now. Or am i... maybe, dunno, probably right now, anyway, Cheers!

fusion_power said:
Nice :)
Any ideas, how fast PandoraPanic runs onto the Pandora? I mean, does it need the entire 500MHz or less? (Well, I hope less :D )
It supposedly runs "fine" at default clock speed. Maybe we can downclock a little but some minigames are more demanding than others.

MarkoeZ said:

Seconded!!!

Edit: Err, fox, i quoted this from you, kinda looks like im talking to myself now. Or am i... maybe, dunno, probably right now, anyway, Cheers!
Well I must say, thanks for your thanks but this game came from all you guys and Ben Monk is the one that suggested the very initial idea. I just threw together a quick proof of concept using my current version of Penjin and things went from there. It's been a great project, and I'm sure we will prepare another release in the future, but for now, enjoy the game guys!

Because I am a moron and am not able to debug my own code correctly to remove all bugs from it, one itzy-tiny bug has made it into this release, which would award you an achievement incorrectly.

But it has been fixed now and the builds have been updated, thanks for your appreciation.

Have a good day!

Important note!
The version of PandoraPanic! on the app repo/store/thing that isn't called app store... has a couple of achievement logic bugs...
foxblock has since fixed those and I have created an updated PND but is still untested as working.

Anyone with a Pandora please try the latest PND file from here

What would be best is if it could be confirmed working by craigix and updated on the app-centre/store/thing.

notaz said:
Well it starts and plays fine on my unit, don't know about the achievement bug though.
Thanks it was whether the actual PND file was working is what I needed to know! The achievement bug has already been fixed, thanks Notaz.:)

Back