Beta Pandorapanic! All New Testbuilds

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
Ok, here are the latest builds of PandoraPanic for Windows and Linux.

CODE
pirate-games.co.uk/markoez/PandoraPanic-windows-public3.zip
pirate-games.co.uk/markoez/PandoraPanic-linux-i386-public2.tar.gz

memleaks are being worked on, that's a known issue. also the blinking buttons at the start of the games are not all in their final place, and not all present yet. Post all other bugs/comments/whatever here or in the original PandoraPanic thread in the Dev section.

Have fun!

PandoraPanic PC

#define KEYMAP_START (SDLK_RETURN)
#define KEYMAP_A (SDLK_z)
#define KEYMAP_B (SDLK_x)
#define KEYMAP_X (SDLK_a)
#define KEYMAP_Y (SDLK_s)
#define KEYMAP_L (SDLK_q) Shoulder buttons
#define KEYMAP_R (SDLK_w)

Well im too lazy to type it ok? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
'PoisonedV' said:
Any way to control nubs?
PokeParadox is working on that right now, it allready worked, but currently does not because the SimpleJoy class (that handles all the input) is being optimised. It will be available soon though :)

What did I tell you about enumerating poultry!? :p

Yeah it's on the way. I'm trying to make everything mappable by text file.Things is majorly borked right now... I'm working on it though ;)
And right now I HAVE been drinking.(Sorry, but it's rare I get a weekend night off from work!)

'MarkoeZ' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
Any way to control nubs?
PokeParadox is working on that right now, it allready worked, but currently does not because the SimpleJoy class (that handles all the input) is being optimised. It will be available soon though :)

Optimization?

'Butterman' said:
'MarkoeZ' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
Any way to control nubs?

Optimization?

Optimised was the wrong word. I'm working on mappable controls.

Just tested.
Cool game, thanks to all the volunteers who collaborate to the project.
My suggestion: (I know that this is not the final release)

- I would work to make the graphic more uniform, too differences between the games (see the differences between PandaJoust, BallsDrop and SpaceInvader)
- I would improve the SelectionBox (don't remember the name), maybe adding some preview immages.
- Create some transitions between the games and the main menu.
- Redraw those cildren in Spelling Contest (very good game) :p

The games that (IMHO) don't require nothing more are Pong, Distracted Maths, Spelling Contest (only remove those cildren) and BadVista.
Reflex only needs cleaner graphic.

I love the music, but the graphics could be cleaned up a wee bit in some of the games

143gc4z.png

Quick attempt at the One Button Bandit one.
20h2beb.png

For the space invaders one

I don't know if this output is expected, but it came during only one playthrough, so I assume that it is not an expected value. Obviously the Penjin says part is self explanatory, but the segfault after this never happened any other times either, so... anomaly?
Terminal output:
CODE

first picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picPenjin says: Shutting Down.
Segmentation fault

EDIT: Okay, after some more runs, it seems that the segfault is unpredictable, and the "first pic" only happens after several rounds, and although I'm not sure exactly what triggers it, it only appears in the terminal once you quit.

'Warpshade' said:
I don't know if this output is expected, but it came during only one playthrough, so I assume that it is not an expected value. Obviously the Penjin says part is self explanatory, but the segfault after this never happened any other times either, so... anomaly?
Terminal output:
CODE

first picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picfirst picPenjin says: Shutting Down.
Segmentation fault
EDIT: Okay, after some more runs, it seems that the segfault is unpredictable, and the "first pic" only happens after several rounds, and although I'm not sure exactly what triggers it, it only appears in the terminal once you quit.

The picfirst text is a debugging string from PunchWrestler.
I think the segfault is unrelated in this case.
I also think that in my current build I have fixed this particular segfault, since you say it happens on shutdown. :)

'giovanni' said:
Just tested.
Cool game, thanks to all the volunteers who collaborate to the project.
My suggestion: (I know that this is not the final release)

- I would work to make the graphic more uniform, too differences between the games (see the differences between PandaJoust, BallsDrop and SpaceInvader)
- I would improve the SelectionBox (don't remember the name), maybe adding some preview immages.
- Create some transitions between the games and the main menu.
- Redraw those cildren in Spelling Contest (very good game) :p

The games that (IMHO) don't require nothing more are Pong, Distracted Maths, Spelling Contest (only remove those cildren) and BadVista.
Reflex only needs cleaner graphic.
-The graphics style should be varied IMO. The graphics in WarioWare are very random and Chaotic too. The game is supposed to be a community patchwork of minigames.
-Preview images has always been the intention, that's the very reason the space is still there! I've been trying to think of ways I can autogenerate the images...
-Not a priority for the few weeks we've got left, but it would make things look nicer. But do you mean from the SelectionBox menu?
-If someone can do a better job art-wise they are welcome to. The point is this is a free for all of who can contribute and I am abstaining from any artwork, since my time is better used on the coding aspects(and there are talented people here who are both quicker and better at this arty stuff.)

(naw)mcx posted on Mar 22 2009 at 07:42 PM said:
I love the music, but the graphics could be cleaned up a wee bit in some of the games

Quick attempt at the One Button Bandit one.

For the space invaders one

Those backgrounds look great, We will see how they work in game. :D

(naw)mcx posted on ) : said:
Well, in that case, I'll get round to making some more, if you want!

yes because every game looks good when the graphics are composed entirely of hyper synthesized ultra genero glossy typical photoshop stuff

edited because it was much more vulgar than i intended

'PoisonedV' said:
(naw)mcx posted on ) : said:
Well, in that case, I'll get round to making some more, if you want!
yes because every game looks good when the graphics are composed entirely of hyper synthesized ultra genero glossy typical photoshop stuff

edited because it was much more vulgar than i intended

Ugh. Did you bother to see what it was before? In my opinion this looks better then what there was before, so maybe this might look better. Regardless, no one has to use them, I enjoy Photoshop, so it gives me something to do.

Mmm, is there any explanation on the games? Some games(like distracted maths or spelling contest). Maybe you can put a couple of words for each game in the selection box. Anyway, I like this concept and the game is very fun overall.

'ati' said:
Mmm, is there any explanation on the games? Some games(like distracted maths or spelling contest). Maybe you can put a couple of words for each game in the selection box. Anyway, I like this concept and the game is very fun overall.
Hi!

First of all thanks for testing! and the past couple of days i have implemented instructions for all the minigames that need it (if someone needs instructions for pong, well... ; ). They will be shown when you pause the minigame.

Cheers!!

'ati' said:
The space in selection box will be used more effectively... I just don't know if I'm going to get around to it sooner rather than later!

Back