Beta The Lonely Tower

Tempel

Website
randy.heydon.selfip.net
Dear everybody,

I would like to share with you a game I made for the TIGSource forums Assemblee competition. It is a short thing, with little gameplay and pretentious artistic leanings. If you want to know more, you can read my submission thread. If that hasn't put you off it yet, you can download the Python source (which can be run directly wherever Python is installed), a Windows executable, or a PND.

So, why I'm sharing this with you besides self-promotion: First, I want to make sure I put together a proper PND file; I was hoping one of the supercool devs could throw it in and make sure everything goes. Second, I want to make a call to those selfsame developers to say please please include pygame in default firmware (and, since I'm begging already, please please include all its optional dependencies, like numpy and SDL_ttf). Thirdly, I want to claim to have completed the first original game for the Pandora, but that's probably not true since, for one, it was deliberately cross-platform and, for two, there are builds of PandoraPanic that are probably more complete than this "complete" game. Still, I'll try to claim it anyways.

Please enjoy and give much feedback!

Looks nice! Quite funny although I had some problems reading everything before it goes away (I'm no native English speaker).

I have sadly given away the ending, Look if you dare.

Are there more endings other then him looking after his grandmother and her turning the game off?

Jan-Nik said:
I have sadly given away the ending, Look if you dare.

Are there more endings other then him looking after his grandmother and her turning the game off?
I was looking forward to finding out what happens at the end :(
Bet your a bastard when it comes to films :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan-Nik said:
Are there more endings[...]?
Sadly not. Just like in real life, how you choose to play your video games usually has little effect on the actions of your grandmother.

Tempel said:
Mr.Gonzo said:
so far... i looooove it

EDIT: It was great ahah! Thanks C:
I don't believe it took you 32 minutes to complete. But thanks for playing it!

Bahahah, i'm a real busy man.

I love the minimalist style!
And Did you draw those heads? They look great and a have a cool style to it.

Mr.Gonzo said:
Ahh, no. I am no visual artist. The Assemblee competition (for which this was made) had artists make a collection of assets, then developers make them into games. The heads were made by TIGSource forum user Arachne (there are links to her stuff in the Readme).

Tempel said:
Mr.Gonzo said:
Ahh, no. I am no visual artist. The Assemblee competition (for which this was made) had artists make a collection of assets, then developers make them into games. The heads were made by TIGSource forum user Arachne (there are links to her stuff in the Readme).

Awesome, the tigsource blog is a weekly read for me, i love it.
I should think of joining the forums.

maplesugarlover said:
Have you tried the updated version ?
Ah, thanks! I'll give that a try. (and I'll add it to the wiki games list... if you want a file on the wiki to be updated, you have to post it somewhere where people will notice its existence ;) )

maplesugarlover said:
I didn't make the lonely tower, I was just pointing out an update.
Yes, I know. I was saying "thanks" for pointing it out, and my comment in brackets was not directed at you.

Unfortunately there are alot of threads in the developer's corner. (Feel free to check for anything, that got passed over if you have alot of free-time. I've tried checking , but there are just so many threads. If I checked each one individually, I go insane. Devs, please post apps in beta testing)

Holy cow! I didn't even realize that I forgot to update this thread when I fixed the PND. The links in the first post are now up-to-date.

EDIT: I just noticed that the wiki has the genre listed as "?". That makes me really happy.

Tempel said:
Holy cow! I didn't even realize that I forgot to update this thread when I fixed the PND. The links in the first post are now up-to-date.

EDIT: I just noticed that the wiki has the genre listed as "?". That makes me really happy.
Okay... I played it. Quite nice! I like this sort of thing. "Artsy", you say, but more creative and more interesting than most amateur games, while not wearing out its welcome. Quite a nice message, too...

Back