Pandora wiki open for business. You can help.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Translate

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Language_Extension_Bundle

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Template:Languages

The english version takes precedence, and strings are translated on a one by one basis.

Transifex and translations on launchpad.net work this way. And thats what i see as managable, anything else will result in (at best too much effort,) what it has been.

Migrate the info that isnt already on the english one, didnt seem like it was that much. I can help sometime, but my german isnt that good. We need the good ideas and to work together. :)

Im not prefect, and nor is anything i do, i guess that goes for all of us. The lollatest page is the best approach/way IMO, and its manageable. And we arent that professional that we need to have perfect solutions, in fact, we were doing the opposite for quite some time. What we have is what we have, and as long as its a little better and we have taken all the arising questions into the mix, why not. Its the meritocracy that gets things done.

Get your hands dirty everyone, suggestions are nice, but changes are better. If its in error or something better comes along, there is always the undo button. I know i have most of what i know about wiki editing through making mistakes and trying things out.

The lollatest page is the _third_ iteration of an initial idea i had, changed along with input and lessons learnt.

(In my head i thought my first go at it would give wally an idea of most of what i had in mind, it didnt. And i learnt alot from wally breaking some formatting mid editing, in turn making me realize that it was redundant. I already knew it was ugly, and now its gone. So even unsuspected things help out sometimes.)

I would have done it already if i had write permissions to the mainpage. Or the extentions.

One thing that annoys me is semantic info that changes, right now everything on the frontpage is a page of "mainpage links" which i dont know how works. Its anyway needlessly complex since its not duplicated anywhere else. Im thinking its not really where that type of stuff shines. The extra bar on editing it is too high IMPO.

When ED gets less swamped we can get a new mediawiki version, some extentions, and really make it pleasant.

One ting all the pages is lacking is style, that is best done via a template backend. Changing pathnames for different languages manually is also something that screams of breakage down the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the wiki pages need to be redone from scratch the emulator lists are too far out of date to edit....

anyone?

http://pandorawiki.org/Hardware_documentation This page is a mess. It re-implements so many of the individual pages we have, basically each section.

I am proposing to make new categories for the ones that are missing, and delete the entirety of this page. We can make a good meta-page where we include all the semantic info from the other pages.

The "pandora" page is also quite nondescript, between the user manual and the quickstart and the individual pages it doesnt do much. I propose that will be our new info meta page.

Hey everyone!

Anything I can do to help?

I like anything repetitive or anything others find boring to do! hehe

*huggles* to all

@milkshake (not a noodle how to do the fancy bold nickname thing :p): I am on my way to find freedom..or neverland..whichever comes first. You coming with me? *gets the mystery van ready*

And I want to help on ze wiki page, darn it! :-D

@milkshake Ahem..nothing happens when I do that. Perhaps it's because I'm using my phone instead :-( meh. Ah well.

Anyhow, someone told me I could help with the wiki page and I wish to help. If anyone would like to give me something to do on there, I would be most grateful. If not, I may be forced to get out the The Spoon of Ultimate Power..and well..I can't be bothered to. So something else for me to do would be great, hehe

@, you could also try quoting my post and you should see the bbcode that makes it work, yes double click only works on a desktop, potentially a tablet/phone which browses sites in non mobile mode.

@, highlight a little bit of the person's post and a quick menu will pop up. Choose "@mention".

You can also quick-quote just bits of the person's message.

Floating point optimization onwards under development is in need of removing dead links.

They show up as Links. They look like this in the code [[Links]]  simply remove the brackets to the ones that are red and save the page.

If its important for the page that the link works, try to dig up the right link, or leave it broken. Only the toolchain link on the page i linked to was relevant.

Back