Pandora Vids : Some Things I'm Working On

Cpasjuste

Hi, here is a few (crappy) videos i made to show a part of the work i'v done on the pandora, including a wesnoth compilation, snes9x port, powermanga and tecnoballz compilation.

Note that the snes port run at full speed, without any optimization or HW acceleration !

http://mydedibox.fr/_stuff/pandora/

Install VLC, and the VLC Firefox plugin. Then you can watch the videos directly in your browser.

Thanks guys I installed vlc and it works, now :) Copying the files to my notebook didn't work in mediaplayer, either. Great vids, have fun playing with your Pandora on Christmas :D

I thought you did a pretty good job on the vids Cpasjuste. I even wondered at one point if that was the Pandora's screen or a computer monitor. Just goes to show what a difference the high resolution makes I guess :D

I've been looking dying to see what some of the non-system build dev boards have actually been used for, and I'm pleased to say that you haven't disappointed so far.
The Snes emulator looks superb (especially for a straight port) and I can't believe Donkey Kong Country looks so nice. How does it handle the transparency though? I've always had trouble with that in the past.

Cheers for taking the time to make and post the vids. I don't mind waiting till the second batch, as long as I have other things to keep me interested until then ;)

Benjiro said:
Cpasjuste said:
Note that the snes port run at full speed, without any optimization or HW acceleration !
Nice...

Is the snes running the cpu @ default speed ( 500/600? or OC'ed? ).

I have the same question, we need to know at what speed thhe Pandora are running this software to have some idea of possible optimisation to have them running at default or less clock

Last edited by a moderator:
Yod4z said:
Benjiro said:
Cpasjuste said:
Nice...

Is the snes running the cpu @ default speed ( 500/600? or OC'ed? ).

I have the same question, we need to know at what speed thhe Pandora are running this software to have some idea of possible optimisation to have them running at default or less clock

It's running @ 500 mhz without hardware acceleration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back