Pandora touch screed no longer reacts.

Torgo

Still Fresh
My pandora crashed after using one of the atari 8 bit emus.  The analog nubs were no longer working and were changed to joystick.  Well i fixed that.  Rebooted and no touch screen.

tried to calibrate ... will not react.   Ok.. time to reflash....  that was 15 min ago.. guess what still nothing..

Help!!!!

Have you ever had touchscreen problems before?

Do what ED said + check and make sure there is no 'foreign body' trapped between the screen + bezel that may be activating the touch screen.

What actually happens when you try to calibrate the screen?

Good luck.

FWIW, it's quite common for games to leave your nubs configured as joysticks if they crash (which thankfully I now see a lot less than I used to). You don't need to reboot to fix them, just go to the nub configurator, set them as mouse and buttons and click 'write settings' and they should start working immediately.

Can't say what's wrong with your touchscreen though, if it's not a case issue as above.

Thanks for all the info...

I originally reverted the the prior firmware (suggested 1.60) to reflash via SD card.  That gave me no results. Last night i let the system update to 1.61 and it wrote over the nand and needed to reboot.  Presto touch screen came back.  That was freaky.. Can a system crash cause this?  I  hesitate to run that emu again.  Never had a problem with it before.  To answer MR Loon,  Never had touch screen problems and the screen had no reaction what so ever.  just like tapping an a GBA screen.   :)

while touchscreen can definatly be desactivated by software, I doubt it was the case.

ED point of view on your issue still stand imho.

Did your pandora had a slight shock while you were patching to 1.61 or about ?

Bad news again.....   I had smplayer2 open.  Shut down the video and closed the lid.  System goes into low power mode.  Opened it back up and the mouse/pointer was forcing its self to the top of the screen.  tried to use the touch screen and it would pull 1/4 way down the screen and jump right back up.  Nubs would just shake a bit and snap back to the top.  Tried to shut down the system by holding the power switch to the right.. would not shut down.  I did the pandora button hard reset.. rebooted and the system came back up but no touch screen again...  This morning I pulled the battery and the system rebooted and now i am back to normal.  Any more Ideas???

Last edited by a moderator:
an impact such as closing the lid could make the difference between connecting and being loose for a plug.

So either you open your device an replug the link as suggested by many already or get in touch with ED to setup your RMA...

Your issue is hardware, not software....

This sounds like a loose clip or dust/sand under the bezel.

Yep, stuck to top middle certainly is the middle bezel clipped out.
Have been experiencing similar issue, i think this is my problem... Is there any guide, how can I re-clip ? My calibration is all messed up and i can no longer play starcraft

Also my stylus pen is broken (the tip broke off), it has bee for a few months now, but was working fine until yesterday, now it's really foobared, when i move pen over screen, it keeps thnking im holding down touch screen, trying to "select" icons and mouse pointer keeps getting anchored to top middle, maybe 7mm or so to the left off center

Update: it appears my touchscreen has stopped working, period.

I can manage with the left/right nub for doing desktop stuff, but it's really hard to play starcraft, which is 90% of my usage of pandora these days lol

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have skills, I'd suggest to remove the front cover and check if the touchscreen works when nothing is in touch with it. Make sure it's a hardware issue though, before reaching out for the screwdriver (using ts_print_raw etc.)

If you have skills, I'd suggest to remove the front cover and check if the touchscreen works when nothing is in touch with it. Make sure it's a hardware issue though, before reaching out for the screwdriver (using ts_print_raw etc.)
Looks like something was stuck under the cover, a piece of dust or whatever, I unscrewed the top cover, wiped down the touch screen, made sure nothing was touching it, turned it on, screen was more responsive, so i put the cover back on, re-calibrated it, seems to be back to normal... Thanks for the suggestion 

Is there a command to start/stop the touch screen? Sometimes I find when I start the openpandora, touchscreen is off (nubs work) then it turns on by itself a short while [SIZE=13.63636302948px](5-10 minutes)[/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px] later. I looked at ts commands in /usr/bin but nothing in there to start/stop and I cannot deduce by the process name[/SIZE]

Is there a command to start/stop the touch screen? Sometimes I find when I start the openpandora, touchscreen is off (nubs work) then it turns on by itself a short while [SIZE=13.63636302948px](5-10 minutes)[/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px] later. I looked at ts commands in /usr/bin but nothing in there to start/stop and I cannot deduce by the process name[/SIZE]
sudo rmmod ads7846 would certainly disable touchscreen, unfortunately, it seems to hang the X11 server as a side effect.

sudo rmmod ads7846 would certainly disable touchscreen, unfortunately, it seems to hang the X11 server as a side effect.
I see a process called

irq/254-ads7846 

Owned by root, when i try to sudo kill -9 it, nothing happens and looks like process just keeps running (no tty). Wonder why? You're right, rmmod ads7846 hangs X11.

Back