Pandora Pandora Sdk Installer

zx-81 said:
I'm not really good for this ... anyway it's not really complicated, just a tar ball copy of your / to a folder of your choice in your linux formated SD card, and then you use the /bin/chroot command to this folder ... (see man chroot, or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroot). You may find tutos to setup a chroot env for linux.

I know how to use chroot :)
As this is your dev environnement and your are prolific, i though you have scripted a bit the thing to faster your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just try out the toolchain.sh script :

- Installing Virtual Box
- Installing Ubuntu 10.04 in the VM
- Downloading toolchain.sh, pnd_libs.sh, libraries.lst
- Run script : sudo sh ./toolchain.sh

I got :
Code:
--2010-08-13 15:23:45--  http://www.codesourcery.com/downloads/public/gnu_toolchain/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/arm-2009q3-67-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2
Résolution de www.codesourcery.com... 38.113.113.100
Connexion vers www.codesourcery.com|38.113.113.100|:80... connecté.
requête HTTP transmise, en attente de la réponse... 404 Not Found
2010-08-13 15:23:46 ERREUR 404: Not Found.

-e E[31m Sorry, wget failed. Maybe angstrom repository is down, please try again later

It was the same 4h ago. Did the file move to another location ?

If you don't want to spend time installing a "fresh" SDK, here is mine (it should work properly if you install it at /usr/local/pnddev on your virtual box ubuntu distro).
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/archives/440-Here-is-a-linux-SDK-for-the-pandora-console.html

Just installed it last night (using the toolchain.sh and pnd_libs.sh), I am using the latest Ubuntu in the 64bit flavor.
It started off badly with the arm compiler returning with a "file not found" error every time I ran it, after reading up on the subject all over the net, I found someone mentioning the fact that if the compiler was 32bit (which both this thread's script and the one quoted above by sebt3 install) and the operating system was 64bit, additional 32bit libraries need to be installed before it will work.

So I installed the 32bit libraries and viola! it works perfectly now.

Here's a link to a site that helped me and a quote:
helpful information

Note that if you are on AMD64, you must install 32 bit libraries or you'll get mysterious "file not found" errors when you try to run the codesourcery tools:

apt-get install ia32-libs

Hope it helps someone else...

Oh, one comment, the link in the script was bad, I manually downloaded the SDK and just placed in in the ./tmp folder from where the script was, it looks for it before downloading and if it finds it, uses the local copy.

Sorry for neglecting that... ;)

centus said:
Just installed it last night (using the toolchain.sh and pnd_libs.sh), I am using the latest Ubuntu in the 64bit flavor.
It started off badly with the arm compiler returning with a "file not found" error every time I ran it, after reading up on the subject all over the net, I found someone mentioning the fact that if the compiler was 32bit (which both this thread's script and the one quoted above by sebt3 install) and the operating system was 64bit, additional 32bit libraries need to be installed before it will work.

So I installed the 32bit libraries and viola! it works perfectly now.

Here's a link to a site that helped me and a quote:
helpful information

Note that if you are on AMD64, you must install 32 bit libraries or you'll get mysterious "file not found" errors when you try to run the codesourcery tools:

apt-get install ia32-libs

Hope it helps someone else...

I tried this and I'm still getting file not found errors. I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 64bit and when I run
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
I am told that I have the latest versions. Some Help please?

Fired Ubuntu back on my EEEpc, going to put the sdk on it tomorrow. that should solve the problems with 64 bit OS's

I would recommand using Djwillis toolchain now : http://blogs.distant-earth.com/wp/?p=109

I would recommand using Djwillis toolchain now : http://blogs.distant-earth.com/wp/?p=109

Found the problem. libc 2.11 isn't available for ubuntu 9.10 so I'm having up upgrade my eeepc to 10.04 even though it kills my mobile broadband modem's usability...

Cpasjuste said:
When I opkg-target update It fails to download anything:
Downloading /all/Packages.gz.
Downloading /any/Packages.gz.
Downloading /noarch/Packages.gz.
Downloading /arm/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv4/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv4t/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv5te/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv6/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv7/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv7a/Packages.gz.
Downloading /omap3-pandora/Packages.gz.
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download /all/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /any/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /noarch/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /arm/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv4/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv4t/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv5te/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv6/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv7/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv7a/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /omap3-pandora/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.

Any ideas why?

Nevermind - I just copied the opkg folder from my Pandora to the SDK and it seemed to fix it.

So here's the deal...

How would I use Djwillis toolchain in code::blocks what directories do I need to setup

and what toolchain executables would I use.

Sorry if I'm asking a really obvious question but I'm used to the "old" toolchain.

Thanks in advance,
Kordman916

Kordman916 said:
So here's the deal...

How would I use Djwillis toolchain in code::blocks what directories do I need to setup

and what toolchain executables would I use.

Sorry if I'm asking a really obvious question but I'm used to the "old" toolchain.

Thanks in advance,
Kordman916

Abracadabra: http://projectinfinity.org.uk/doku.php?id=homebrew:engines:penjin:platform_support#toolchain_executable_settings_on_ubuntu_linux

mindlord said:
Cpasjuste said:
When I opkg-target update It fails to download anything:
Downloading /all/Packages.gz.
Downloading /any/Packages.gz.
Downloading /noarch/Packages.gz.
Downloading /arm/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv4/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv4t/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv5te/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv6/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv7/Packages.gz.
Downloading /armv7a/Packages.gz.
Downloading /omap3-pandora/Packages.gz.
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download /all/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /any/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /noarch/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /arm/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv4/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv4t/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv5te/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv6/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv7/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /armv7a/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.
* opkg_download: Failed to download /omap3-pandora/Packages.gz: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.

Any ideas why?

Nevermind - I just copied the opkg folder from my Pandora to the SDK and it seemed to fix it.

Would you mind being more specific about what you did to get it working? I'm having the exact same issue with opkg-target.
Some other tool chain recommended copying /etc/opkg/* from my Pandora to /etc/opkg/ on my development box (in this case a fresh install of Debian Squeeze) but I haven't been successful in making it work.

Back