Pandora Scaling

Thanks, Fluff! That cleared things up and no mistake! I've been "working" with video for ages and no one has actually gone through the list for me, so thanks again! ^_^

Also: We got it all! We got it all! We got it all on UHF!

PokeParadox said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Component - This is almost as good as RGB but it combines colour, luma and sync with only 3 signals.
Only one thing you didn't mention. Component allows progressive scan. RGB is still interlaced, unfortunately...

Oh yes... it would be nice if, on emulators with plenty of CPU cycles left, HQ2X scaling could be an option. It keeps things nice and sharp whilst scaling them upwards. :)
Hell it could even use the GPU if it were written on the fragment/vertex shaders :D

Yes I forgot about Progressive, but the only thing is, I have found progressive to be a bit flickery, I have never gotten good results with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox said:
Oh yes... it would be nice if, on emulators with plenty of CPU cycles left, HQ2X scaling could be an option. It keeps things nice and sharp whilst scaling them upwards. :)
Hell it could even use the GPU if it were written on the fragment/vertex shaders :D
that'll probably be up to the individual coder...since i don't know of any hardware implementations of hq2x :D

i agree, imo it's the best looking scaler out there (in most situations...they all have their ups & downs), but most of the xbox emus have this option and it always destroys the framerate. there are other ones though, like advancemame2x, that look decent and aren't as cpu heavy. but who knows, i'm sure it's worth a shot and it looks beautiful.

smart scaling filters would also be cool for games like cave story that are done for VGA resolution but will run natively.

Hq2x is going to use a LOT of CPU time and its 'vectorizing' of images is going to mean the result is pretty inaccurate. I think blowing it up with bilinear filtering or a similar method like Lanczos3 would work better. I'd prefer integer scaling and some letterboxing personally....

Magnulus said:
Thanks, Fluff! That cleared things up and no mistake! I've been "working" with video for ages and no one has actually gone through the list for me, so thanks again! ^_^

Also: We got it all! We got it all! We got it all on UHF!
Forget about your laundry! Forget about your job! Just crank up the volume, and yank off the knob!

Back