VGA box?

ShyGuy

So, I have it all worked out...mostly. I'm gonna get a powered USB hub, a roll-up or folding keyboard, a new mouse, a USB KVM and another Classic Controller for use with Bluetooth. Here's my question:

I'll be sharing the monitor hooked up to my desktop PC, which has a native resolution of 1680x1050. If I wanted to get a VGA box so I could output my Pandora on the screen, what would you guys recommend? Obviously up-scaling would be nice. I realize a CRT would be the best solution, but I am simply not hooking up a CRT on my desk :p

Thanks!

Suggestion: If you haven't used a roll up keyboard before, try it before you get one. I had one and it was really, really horrible. keys were hard to press, and cumbersome, and it was just overall uncomfortable to use.

Damn. Well I already have a capture card that displays the Wii /nicely/ (I'd like component in, but hey). I was just hoping I'd not have to run my desktop at the same time...but meh, this works too :D

I'll check out these keyboards right away!

Hmmm. How many Bluetooth devices could the Pandora theoretically support? I'm already planning on using two Wii remotes. Also, the super tiny keyboard won't work because the braces and other important characters for coding are all located in the wrong place. Looked great at first though

This is a USB > VGA Adapter. This one should have the SIS315 chipset and people have had success getting a second display running on ubuntu. There is a LOT of configuring to get it working correctly on regular PC's running Ubuntu. I am sure it could eventually work for the Pandora, but it might need quite a bit of custom software to get'er up and running.

http://www.kvmchoice.com/detail_switch.asp?id=10199

fordp said:
I neglected to order a SVideo cable however :(.

Never mind I may get one later.
Plenty of folk have managed to get this added to their orders. If you'd like to try, get in touch with your distributor.

PoisonedV said:
Suggestion: If you haven't used a roll up keyboard before, try it before you get one. I had one and it was really, really horrible. keys were hard to press, and cumbersome, and it was just overall uncomfortable to use.

+1. I got one for $10 at a surplus store, and I have to really use force for any keystrokes to be recognized. Maybe I got a cheap one, but I'd suspect they're all made at the same factory... <_<

Back