Pandora Running Atari St Emulator .. Gorgeous!

bja said:

This is indeed awesome news! Thanks Skeezix for putting in all the hours - your wife must be very understanding! This video shows exactly why the design incorporating the keyboard is so the right choice - it really is retro gaming nivana.

But with excitement and anticipation already nearing fever pitch, this isn't helping to calm people down... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see this. I was an Atari ST user in the 'Amiga versus Atari ST' days, although I look forward to my 'portable Amiga' as well as 'portable Atari ST'.

In anticipation and preparation, I have had a play with Hatari on my PC to test a few games, and had a quick blast with Kickoff - great game. I look forward to seeing what else I can get to run (including some of my own stuff from many years ago).

The Atari ST obviously had lots of great non games stuff as well as games, in particular music apps. It will be interesting to see what works on the Pandora, and still holds up today. Anyone any thoughts on music or non games apps that will lend themselves to the Pandora.

Roll on the delivery on my Pandora - hopefully not to long now.

Atari ST was the one I was waiting for, in a Pandora it's gonna be like having an advanced Portfolio.... off to the nearest ATM when it arrives ;)

Skeezix, you have no idea how pleased I am to see this running so well on an actual Pandora. The reason I bought a GP32 all those years ago was that I saw your emulator 'CaSTaway' on the advert. I spent many, many hours playing through all the Automation, Pomey Pirate, Medway Boys, etc. compact discs. All the other available emulators were just an extra bonus.

As a kid I wanted an ST but my parents couldn't afford to get me one, so I was stuck with my trusty old 65XE. I had friends with Amigas and STs and I got to play loads of great games (Vroom is a favourite of mine). I did finally get an ST years later from ebay. Actually, I have bought almost every Atari from ebay over the years (inc. a Falcon) but the one that brings back the memories is the ST.

So basically, thanks for all the time and effort that you have put in over the past 7 years here! And here's to the next 7!

I've got a tt030 and ultra Rare ST Book :)

the games that didn't work on Outcast/Castaway often work here... Sensible soccer and crazy big RPGs. If you guys like and time permits I can try for a video of a bunch (populous, Elite, millenium 2200, so many greats..)

busy weekend and valentines ;)

i want a video showing power of pandora once again....getting tired of these video's to be honest.
Ofcource it would be nice for many people, but all latest video show very old games...

lets make videos from games 5 years later then those games.

borgqueenx said:
i want a video showing power of pandora once again....getting tired of these video's to be honest.
Ofcource it would be nice for many people, but all latest video show very old games...

what do you expect to see in a posting titled "....Atari ST Emulator..." !!?!?! :blink:

Pleng said:
Gruso said:
Want to hear something sick and twisted? My first Xenon2 experience was on an IBM XT, PC speaker only. And I still like that soundtrack the most to this day. It sounds awful of course, but what they managed to squeeze out of that single channel squawker blew my little mind.

I remember a PC magazine coverdisk once featured a PC Speaker sound driver, which meant you could play any soundblaster-enabled game through the PC speaker. Pretty much every game that had music sounded like a dial-up modem!

I wrote a synth/sequencer using the PC Speaker... in Qbasic. :lol:

Has a really unique sound though.

skeezix said:
This is not at all optimized

That's pretty damn impressive stuff for an unoptimised port.

Can't wait to play Llamatron and relive many other happy ST memories.

scottm said:
borgqueenx said:

what do you expect to see in a posting titled "....Atari ST Emulator..." !!?!?! :blink:
just saying what i had to say about this ;)

Looking forwards to video's showing the more graphical improved games. :)

2 player Stuntcar Racer over Null Modem cable. Totally worth hauling your ST and TV round to your mates. Even if theirs was an Amiga.

Back