Pandora Running Atari St Emulator .. Gorgeous!

skeezix said:
Analog doesn'tmap 'magicly' to mouse; I'd have to code that. (not hard)

Touchscreen maps to mouse right off, which is sexy.

Did you notice the audio quality? I figured oyu'd pick that up right away, I was waiting to see what you'd say ;) Course I was rocking back and forth for no good reason so you probably can't hear very well, half the time :p

HDD images work; this is a full Hatari port from current source (1.3.1 I think).

jeff
Yes the audio is great.

No magic analogue mapping except for your magic c0d1ng 5killz that you have and will be able to do it pretty easy :)

I honestly would rather use the analog for a mouse than the TS. The TS is kinda awkward, the analogue is right there when you are holding it.

This will be great.

Next someone needs to do Amiga so we can continue the Amiga-ST wars from years ago... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully I am not straying too far off topic, but the subject of touchscreen mouse has been "touched" upon here (get it?... touched... because of the touchscre...never mind).

Anyway, how do you think this may translate to DOSbox. I have been looking forward to touchscreen DOSbox, literally, for years. I have a Samsung Q1, but the touchscreen mouse functions horribly in DOSbox.

My efforts to find a solution have led nowhere. According to the DOSbox developers it is an issue with SDL and relative versus absolute coordinates. Is this a cross platform problem? Is it possible that it has been addressed in the Pandora version of SDL?

I have little to no experience with programming, so forgive me if this seems a silly question. Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

I preordered a Pandora the second day they were taking orders (14-16 months ago?) but used paypal. Did not reorder due to rethinking financial situation at the time. I am beginning to regret that decision now.

DaveC said:
Next someone needs to do Amiga so we can continue the Amiga-ST wars from years ago... :p

Totally. Can't wait to have an Amiga in my pocket. I'm gonna have a dedicated SD card which will boot straight into Workbench :)

Oh that's a point. Will PUAE support Picasso96? An 800*480 native workbench would be sweeet :)

craigix said:
6am and now I'm hyped up and wide awake. That video hit me like a drug.

This is why the Pandora rocks... The guys behind it want it as bad as we do :)

PS Top job Jeff. I am salavating here.

craigix said:
put something behind it to avoid knocking it over because you can't see the thing properly though the camera when trying to touch the screen.

I'm going to be making a shit-ton of videos for Gadgetoid when I get my hands on mine, thanks for the advice! I always build a rig out of Lego Technic when I need to do something like this, my last creation was a vertical macbook pro dock. Building a Pandora holder should be a cakewalk!

Skeezix: you are a god amongst men, that final wisp of vapour haunting the eternally delayed Pandora has finally given way to a shining beacon of classic emulation awesomeness marching steadily to our front doors. If mine arrives on or near the 28th (which is a Sunday, d'oh) then I shall be a happy man on my birthday.

@ skeezix

if you are in the UK then nip round Poundland, as well as some usb peripherals and card readers, they do a desktop tripod....no!, don't ask the price :D

Unfathomable Depths said:
x68000 said:
Great work indeed. I'm with iorgy on this one - Get me some Carrier Command :D

I had completely forgot about Carrier Command! What a great game.

And great work Skeezix. Thank you :D
Stunt Car Racer. That was the best. Simple graphics but the physics were so good.

Iorgy77 said:
No idea if gn0stic got a dev unit yet or if P-UAE works.
He reportedly had it running on Fatih's Pandora at a hacker party a few months back. I don't think any videos were made unfortunately.

what do you mean CONTINUE the Amiga/ST wars :p , the ST lost!!, right? :p :lol:

jk......jk........I'm joking, ok? :unsure: :ph34r:

Damn right the Amiga won! Talking of which, isn't it about time we had a video like this showing us Amiga games running full speed WITH sound (this goes for PSX too)? Great video by the way.....Xenon 2 was awesome, although the Amiga wins again by having the full soundtrack on the intro! Suck on that ST lovers....

Want to hear something sick and twisted? My first Xenon2 experience was on an IBM XT, PC speaker only. And I still like that soundtrack the most to this day. It sounds awful of course, but what they managed to squeeze out of that single channel squawker blew my little mind.

DaveC said:
Stunt Car Racer. That was the best. Simple graphics but the physics were so good.
Ah yes, Stunt Car Racer that was an excellent game. However, there is no question of which game was the best. Armour Geddon by Psygnosis. And since the pandora has a keyboard, this game might actually be playable on this handheld.

Awesome! :)

Gruso said:
Want to hear something sick and twisted? My first Xenon2 experience was on an IBM XT, PC speaker only. And I still like that soundtrack the most to this day. It sounds awful of course, but what they managed to squeeze out of that single channel squawker blew my little mind.

I remember a PC magazine coverdisk once featured a PC Speaker sound driver, which meant you could play any soundblaster-enabled game through the PC speaker. Pretty much every game that had music sounded like a dial-up modem!

speedball please!! (although I think it actually came out on the Amiga first)

As a side note, I'm so happy that I'm not the only one that remembers all this stuff and even happier I didn't give in to my urge to cancel a while ago when things were looking grim...

was Dpaint ST or Amiga?

well done Sir Skeezix

Back