Pandora Request Videos

Two questions: Did you record the sound directly from the pandora speakers or from the audio-out?

When using the stylus, is it possible to just place the cursor with it, or is it always a click? If I remember correctly, in a lot of adventures the cursor changes (sometimes even shows a description) when hovering a "hot spot", which can be very helpfull ...

*SNIP*
i was wondering the same thing about the mouse hovering, im fairly certain it would be a click with each touch, so in order to hover, i plan on using the nubs to move around if i dont know what im looking for, then clicking with the stylus. could be kind of annoying but im definitely looking forward to this!

Also THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE VIDEO!!! Im actually thinking about getting a premium now just so i can have it in my hands!!!

If there is an Apple IIe emulator you need to play Oregon Trail on that, man, those were the days, 7 years old and nothing better to do in computer lab than play that and Number Munchers.

NUMBER MUNCHERS!! Yeah, if there is any way you can run that I'd like to see it.

The Apple IIC is my favorite computer/console, as I was addicted to it ever since I layed eyes on one. I had hundreds of actual disks with overlays and such, plus around 20-30 unopened packages. Unfortunately, some of the stuff could have sent me out of my parent's place, but my mom threw then away when I was 12 (I'm almost 23). My favorites were Broderbund's Print Shop, Oregon Trail, Mathblaster, Montezuma's Revenge, Donkey Kong, Wheel of Fortune, and Fraud (Apple's version of the Eliza program). The latter program was an utter riot, as you type in a question and Fraud "responds." You can carry on an entire conversation and even "crash" the program, when Fraud gets ticked off. I distinctly recall telling Fraud that he was wrong, and when he asked for payment, I said "No" and Fraud responded with a series of .............. and then the program froze. This was programmed into the game, good times B)

The first video is uploading right now. I'll edit the first post as soon as it is finished.

It is full of german-accent-bad-grammar-mumbling, nervosity and a lot of "uummm"'s ;)

Please leave me feedback so I can work on thinking what I say before I do...

More of the user interface? More game scenes withouth talking? Tutorial on how to set up certain things?

Thanks in advance for watching.

Many thanks for taking the time to do this video (i look forward to your others) they are much appreciated, much as i enjoyed Evil D's wideos it's nice to get an actual user/customer hands on & helps me to deal with what is beginning to feel like the Neverending story (Batch 1 1200-1300 pre-order, unfortunately not in a position to fast track)

As far as your diction is concerned, you have nothing to worry about.. believe me you can't be any harder to understand than my colloquial Cumbrian accent, i am on the phone in my job quite often & lose count of how many times during the day i end up having to repeat myself.. perhaps i should do as my significant other suggests and get some electrocution lessons.

At the risk of sounding a bit cheeky, do you have Alien Resurrection PS1? i would be very interested to see how well (or not) that game controls via the nubs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the vid, great watching.

All your efforts at giving, those of us still waiting for this little gem, a little preview of the joy to come is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

At the risk of sounding a bit cheeky, do you have Alien Resurrection PS1? i would be very interested to see how well (or not) that game controls via the nubs.

Sorry to OP for off topic but...

Just gave this a whirl in r6 and for me at least it doesn't seem to accept the switch to Analog controls, the menu screens scrolling corridor becomes a slideshow and if in game, it goes into Pause and reports 'no controller in port 1'. This despite nub mode settings etc. Anyone else get the same or am I missing a setting?

Thanks for the nice replies :)

Two questions: Did you record the sound directly from the pandora speakers or from the audio-out?

When using the stylus, is it possible to just place the cursor with it, or is it always a click?
1) The sound comes directly from the pandora speakers.

2) With the stylus, you always click i think. Don't know if you can change that though. You could use the nubs to hover around, but I really like that it always clicks, because you mostly get a default "look at"-commentary from the character out of it :)

@shadow.8: Okay, I'll try to capture more of the screen next time :)

@KlausKinski: I must admit I have no idea how the Cumbrian accent sounds but now I'm eager to hear that :) I dont have Alien Resurrection, sorry.

I'm away for the weekend, so the next video won't be online until monday.

1) The sound comes directly from the pandora speakers.

2) With the stylus, you always click i think. Don't know if you can change that though. You could use the nubs to hover around, but I really like that it always clicks, because you mostly get a default "look at"-commentary from the character out of it :)
Directly from the speakers ... really? Wow, now I'm really impressed!

And you’re right about the "look at"-commentary. (And if one really needs to go pixel-hunting, there are still the nubs).

Maybe dragging over the screen also works (only need to click on a non-hotspot area and then drag around ...)?

*sigh*

I'm sorry but the next video is going to take a couple of days. Mupen64 doesn't really run that well on my pandora. Mario64 is amazing, it feels and looks really great but 007 is really slow, with 800Mhz just barely playable (until it crashes...) and all the other I tried either crashed or are unplayable slow.

I'm trying to get used to dosbox for the next video, but because of my filemanager problem it took me a good while to get to the config ;)

But I'll make another video about dosbox this week (before the weekend)

Sorry for taking so long!

The first part of the N64 is online (Basics, Mario64, Banjo Kazooie)

The second part will come in a couple of hours (still working on it)

The second Video is now online and featuring 007, Turok 1&2 and StarFox64.

Unfortunately I couldn't test Blast Corps (immediately crashes to desktop), Zelda (crashes) and Conker (crashes after the first screen and you'll need to restart)

about damn time, thank you

lol@fighting dinosaurs with a bow&arrow and a gun, one can tell you havent played turok...

Very nice videos again. Cheers. Any luck with Perfect Dark? I found it runs quite smoothly but my left nub is bust so she just dances in circles. I had made a video ages ago but did not bother to post it due to that (plus I was rather drunk when I made it).

Many thanks for the new video - you are helping me hang on to what is left of my sanity, whilst waiting.

I'm not convinced that the definative N64 games will ever run full speed without glitches on the Pandora: Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, The Turok's, Zelda's, Banjoe Kazooie's, Conker, Sin & Punishment etc.. but i suppose time will tell & i would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

@DaMummy: That was just a lame joke, I've played Turok :)

@MarioPandio: I don't have Perfect Dark, sorry.

@Klaus: I hope Goldeneye and Zelda will run smooth. Would love to play them again on a handheld!

Back