Pandora Renders

azmodean

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Is there a render of the Pandora that has the screen facing the "camera" directly? I was looking into making a config file for Xoo but all the renders I can find are tilted to the side slightly, which is nice artistically, but kills the image for use as an emulator front-end. (and to halt any speculation, this is not an emulator and I don't know of any emulator for the Pandora, this is just something that might be handy for doing some GUI refinement)

you could check out a video evil dragon put up on youtube of his renders, the render turns around abit, you may have luck freezing a frame and then saving it as a picture file

is this what you need?
pandorafrontxl9.jpg

it's a quick and dirty mockup made from this render
or do you just want the screen?
a render would be so much better, but it beats nothing at all ^^

Peca is correct, the software allows you to set the buttons as active, so ideally all of them would be in full view. Sorry about being unclear about that. I guess the best way to describe it is "make it look like this: :pandora1: " :p

@Mistabeen: very close, but it obscures some of the buttons, I think I'll play around using that one though so I can get a feel for how it works.

EDIT: played around with it some, and got it mostly working. As you can imagine the buttons would be a bit difficult to click with this image, so I passed on setting up that part of it, but here you can see it running with the nested x server running at 800x480 inside the image with xli displaying an image. I don't know why it is showing a border around the image, it does that with just Xephyr (the nested X server) also.

(Image linked for size)

EDIT2: fiddling around a bit more and got gnome running through the interface, this image is very illustrative of why you can't just drop in a desktop environment and expect it to work. Sheesh, 640x480 used to be plenty of room, what happened? :p

(Image linked for size again)

But to be fair to opera, here it is in fullscreen mode, which looks perty enough to bring a tear to my eye at Pandora resolution.

(Image linked for size yet again)

As you may have noticed from images #2 and #3, it's using the whole screen. I found out the problem was that normal X applications rely on a window manager to tell them how big to draw themselves, so that is why the apps I was trying would leave that blank border. Also if you hard-code (or soft-code for that matter, such as through a cmd line option or a config file) an app to use a certain screen size, then it should also be fine.

Back