Pandora Packaging

R

randomhack

Craig and Co.
I dont know what kind of boxes you will ship Pandora in.
I plead you to use put Pandora in easy to open package.
Please dont use those god-awful hard to open plastic packages that much of the retail electronics comes in nowadays ( I am talking about the stupid hard plastic packages of flash cards, mp3 players and such that you find in stores). Please make the box easy to open. GP2x, PSP etc come in decent packages.
thanks,
randomhack

why would it matter?
i mean seriously, if it is in a more difficult to open package, just use scissors or something. The last thing craigix and co should be worrying about is this. sorry, not to bash your idea or anything, but there are more important things than the packaging to focus on.

Hehe. Must admit though, that plastic shit is extremely frustrating when you've picked up a new gadget and just have to touch it before you get home. :D

Never fear randomhack, Pandora probably won't be imprisoned in that kind of glossy retail packaging. The general consensus a couple of months back was a nice, simple box.

Let's not fill another thread with this though.

The "god-awful hard to open plastic packages" are called "blister packs". A somewhat fitting name really. Honestly I can't see them being stupid enough to use them though. I expect you'd require some kind of automated machinery to put things in blister packs and that would probably be impractical unless you're making 10,000+.

Am I the only one who finds those plastic packages fairly easy to open?

You just have to grab the flattest part of the packaging and then keep bending it back and forth until it weakens and can literally be torn open (just be careful not to cut your fingers when doing so). Not quite as clean as introducing it to a pair of scissors, but it certainly gets the job done. :p

randomhack said:
Craig and Co.
Please dont use those god-awful hard to open plastic packages that much of the retail electronics comes in nowadays ( I am talking about the stupid hard plastic packages of flash cards, mp3 players and such that you find in stores). Please make the box easy to open. GP2x, PSP etc come in decent packages.
thanks,
randomhack
Most electronic devices that cost more than $30 come in boxes instead of blister packs. But, here's a solution to your blister pack problem for when you buy memory cards for your Pandora:

http://www.plasticsurgeonopener.com

That thing cuts through blister packs like a knife through butter.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was a good idea for a thread, I think it would be nice if most of the packaging were recyclable, and he is right, that hard plastic stuff is dangerous, cut myself pretty deep with one once trying to open it, and they last forever in the landfills.

God Ginrai said:
Most electronic devices that cost more than $30 come in boxes instead of blister packs. But, here's a solution to your blister pack problem for when you buy memory cards for your Pandora:

-God Ginrai

Aah. Thanks for that link.

God Ginrai said:
randomhack said:
Craig and Co.
thanks,
randomhack

-God Ginrai

wouldnt it be fun if it came in a blister pack? :p :D

I find my pen knife more than adequate at opening blister packs. Just trace the lip of the outside edge of be back of the package and that's it. It amazes me that the simple pocket knife is not part of most people's pocketable kit.

Zarneth said:
The "god-awful hard to open plastic packages" are called "blister packs". A somewhat fitting name really. Honestly I can't see them being stupid enough to use them though. I expect you'd require some kind of automated machinery to put things in blister packs and that would probably be impractical unless you're making 10,000+.
I think they're actually called "skin packs". A blister pack tends to be preformed plastic adhered to a paperboard backing. Skin packs tend to be the plastic on plastic packs formed to fit the product with the paperboard on the inside.

No real relevance...just being nit-picky :p

Yeah, boxes are definitely better...I like to keep the boxes for just about everything I buy.

mindlord said:
I find my pen knife more than adequate at opening blister packs. Just trace the lip of the outside edge of be back of the package and that's it. It amazes me that the simple pocket knife is not part of most people's pocketable kit.
We don‘t all carry stuff like that. Try getting into school carrying that. :p

Back