Contents Of Box/packaging ..

alexq

Still Fresh
Website
www.alexquant.net
Hi everyone,

Have been lurking for a while, keeping a close eye on developments with the intriguing Pandora project.

Just thinking about what I'd like to see in the "retail" box that comes with the console, excepting that cost will be an issue when including any extras. I hope that at least there will be a small protective bag to tote the Pandora in, a charger (multi-mode with European, UK and US adapters - perhaps to keep costs down the buyer can choose the adapter at point of sale?), USB client/host leads and video lead. I'm agnostic about fancy looking boxes or packaging - something simple, restrained, perhaps even very plain? Often, with MP4/MP3 players and such like, a set of headphones are included which, in my experience, are soon abandoned for something more suitable - I'd not complain if a set weren't included.

Any thoughts on what additional accessories we'd like to see offered that needn't be included in the package?

Having said this, I wonder if the developers and those who are in charge of the project have anything to reveal about packaging and contents?

Cheers! :)

Alex.

Craigix has already said that everything will be included in the box: usb, charger (this might be a usb charger i can't remember), AV lead

Theres been much discussion on the box, and i think it was said it would be a simple rather plain box.

Also theres an ultimate accessories thread knocking around.

AlexQ said:
Hi everyone,

Have been lurking for a while, keeping a close eye on developments with the intriguing Pandora project.

Just thinking about what I'd like to see in the "retail" box that comes with the console, excepting that cost will be an issue when including any extras. I hope that at least there will be a small protective bag to tote the Pandora in, a charger (multi-mode with European, UK and US adapters - perhaps to keep costs down the buyer can choose the adapter at point of sale?), USB client/host leads and video lead. I'm agnostic about fancy looking boxes or packaging - something simple, restrained, perhaps even very plain? Often, with MP4/MP3 players and such like, a set of headphones are included which, in my experience, are soon abandoned for something more suitable - I'd not complain if a set weren't included.

Any thoughts on what additional accessories we'd like to see offered that needn't be included in the package?

Having said this, I wonder if the developers and those who are in charge of the project have anything to reveal about packaging and contents?

Cheers! :)

Alex.
They have been pretty adamant that you will be getting everything you need to use it (TV cable).

I am unsure about a case, it seems to me the point of a clamshell is to protect the device, ala Nintendo DS. It wouldn't break my heart if it didn't have a cover. I am sure that I could figure something out, in fact a Vinyl decal might be a good way to protect the case from scratches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen protectors are pretty cheap, you could buy a pack of them and cut them down to size to fit on the outside. I did that on my old iPod, and it worked really well, it was pristine when I sold it after owning it for a year and a half.

I remember someone saying that the screen used is the same as on one of the Archos models, and that you could just buy a screen protector for the Archos device and use it on your Pandora without any cutting or fitting.

Would it be possible to include headphones made by whoever made the gp2x value pack headphones? Or at least tell me who made them? Those were the best headphones Ive ever seen. I got my gp2x a or 2 years a go, and those headphones are still working perfectly, versus I got my ipod last christmas, and the headphones broke in May...

zacaj:

The little Sony earbuds(about 20$ CAD) with the thick cables and that pointless lil volume thingy(not the big round one on the psp, this is just a lil volume slider) are awesome.

I used those for my PSP instead of the PSP pack-in ones. I use them with my GP2X and my DS as well. They just sound so well and produce so much bass for little earbuds.

Earbuds are the scourge of the devil unless you get pure audiophile ones which are upwards of 400 dollars. Otherwise, over ear headphones are the best bang for your buck, if you love your music. And I LOVE my high quality, lossless FLAC music.

PoisonedV said:
Earbuds are the scourge of the devil unless you get pure audiophile ones which are upwards of 400 dollars. Otherwise, over ear headphones are the best bang for your buck, if you love your music. And I LOVE my high quality, lossless FLAC music.
What? It's pretty generally recognized that Yuin PK1s are the highest-grade audiophile earbuds, and those are only about $150. And in terms of in-ear ones, the Etymotic ER-4S and ER-4P are arguably the best non-custom earphones out there, and in spite of the $300 list price you can get them from Amazon for like $180. At least, this was true several months ago, I haven't kept up with anything since then. But still the ER-4s are probably the best in terms of cost-effectiveness.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, there is no way i would pay more than $20 for a pair of earbuds... those wires are just WAY too thin to spend much money on.
that being said, i absolutely love my $100 akg 240s headphones (which have a replacable cord, and ive already broke one), but you dont want to carry those around with you all the time...
granted, most earbuds sound awful, but the earplug type can sound very nice. the best sounding earbuds ive heard are 'Razer m100's that i got 2 for around $30 i think.

Back