Pandora Order Queue Number

agent_orange

Still Fresh
Hey everyone,

Thought its best to ask here before pestering GBax.

I cannot find my order number -as in the estimated number as to where you are on the queue. Rumaging through old emails I can easily find my order ref number and thats about it.

Where am I supposed to be looking?

The only way to get it is to pester GBAX :p But that's discouraged, as there is only one person handling hundreds of emails, and the answer won't be very accurate anyway.

Perhaps you could tell us when you ordered? We could probably give you a rough guess.

Its all subject to conjecture

The number never makes any sense and just causes confusion - damn confusion

I was constantly told I was 2000 range when i ordered within first week

Then i asked recently i was told i was around 900 to 1000 mark

but you have to factor in if this is just on craigs list or GBAX and faiths list as well

As i have said before - i'll give them till the end of the month - if no sign of pandora then I am out so you will get bumped up a bit more - a real shame as I was working on a beeb emulator

Ah well thems the breaks - I just can't just keep waiting forever and a day for cases and boards to arrive

Ipad/Android ... unfortunately here I come ... well 2 weeks from now

Gruso said:
Perhaps you could tell us when you ordered? We could probably give you a rough guess.

I got the order confirmation 30th Sept 2008, which I presume is also the date I ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:
angent_orange said:
Gruso said:

I got the order confirmation 30th Sept 2008, which I presume is also the date I ordered.
Within the minute would be helpful. About 2000 people ordered on the first day :p (although I think half of them canceled over all this time)
Either in UTC or give your timezone so we can figure it out.

WizardStan said:
angent_orange said:
Gruso said:

Within the minute would be helpful. About 2000 people ordered on the first day :p (although I think half of them canceled over all this time)
Either in UTC or give your timezone so we can figure it out.

Yeh sorry forgot about 2000 people jamming a web site at the same time :p
The email arrived 15:46 GMT

Generally I wouldn't bother asking for the queue number as it doesn't really mean much. Lets say your number 400

Do you know how many they have dispatched already?
Do you know how many they are making per day?
Do you know roughly when your queue position will be reached?

Does knowing you are number 400 help in any way?

...Besides, I was an idiot and asked last week :)
I think they aren't bothering to give out numbers anymore as Jacquelyn just said:
"Your order is due to be despatched as soon as we receive more consoles, not too long to wait now. We will send you a confirmation of shipping email on the day your order is sent"

Oh and for your interest my order was 14:36 on 30th Sept 2008

Nuron_V said:
Generally I wouldn't bother asking for the queue number as it doesn't really mean much. Lets say your number 400

Do you know how many they have dispatched already?
Do you know how many they are making per day?
Do you know roughly when your queue position will be reached?

Does knowing you are number 400 help in any way?

...Besides, I was an idiot and asked last week :)
I think they aren't bothering to give out numbers anymore as Jacquelyn just said:
"Your order is due to be despatched as soon as we receive more consoles, not too long to wait now. We will send you a confirmation of shipping email on the day your order is sent"

Oh and for your interest my order was 14:36 on 30th Sept 2008

Yep you are right, for the most part its pretty useless, however if say I am #400, but people who were #800 or #900 are getting theirs then I know something is seriously wrong.
Well given that anyone asking Jacquelyn what their order number is will practically get an automated response I suppose I should just compare my order time to those who know what their order number is...

I just got my email of awesomeness! There you have a time frame to work from. 14:36 has been shipped

Unless you've got a legitimate reason for contacting them, I'd recommend against it. I did contact them a while back to make sure that they had my contact information correct. While I was making sure that the copy of the contact information in the email wasn't what they had, I asked for an estimate.

Right now if you can avoid contacting them for something like this it's better for everybody.

hedwards said:
Unless you've got a legitimate reason for contacting them, I'd recommend against it. I did contact them a while back to make sure that they had my contact information correct. While I was making sure that the copy of the contact information in the email wasn't what they had, I asked for an estimate.

Right now if you can avoid contacting them for something like this it's better for everybody.

Thats exactly what Im trying to avoid doing, I appreciate GBAX have enough on their hands. And anyway, Nuron_V just got his email, and he ordered 10mins before me so it shouldnt be too long to wait now :)

Well now I feel like a jerk. I haven't been watching the forums (only PandoraPress) and just sent an email asking my position in the queue before I came here to see this thread. ><

If you ordered in the first day you;re probably in the first 1000, but even then that doesnt seem to predict when your pandora will arrive for a multitude of reasons so it's not really going to help to know.

I got my confirmation at 15:40 GMT on the day it went on sale, still haven't received a confirmation of shipping. I figure I'm pretty close though.

aphistic said:
Well now I feel like a jerk. I haven't been watching the forums (only PandoraPress) and just sent an email asking my position in the queue before I came here to see this thread. ><
You should feel like a jerk. If you've really been following PandoraPress, you'd have read this which says
Please keep this in mind, and contact Jacquelyn only if you know your address needs to be changed. If you haven’t moved house or you are otherwise happy with the original delivery address you gave, please don’t email “just to check”. This will make things slower for everyone. Additionally, emailing to request your queue position is strongly discouraged.
:p

Concerning fairness, I hope that those who pre-ordered AND pre-paid are preferred in the queue
to those who only pre-ordered WITHOUT any pre-payment,
as the first put more effort (and risk) into OpenPandora than the latter.
Any info on that?

porg said:
Concerning fairness, I hope that those who pre-ordered AND pre-paid are preferred in the queue
to those who only pre-ordered WITHOUT any pre-payment,
as the first put more effort (and risk) into OpenPandora than the latter.
Any info on that?
It's been mentioned by Craig that anyone who pre-ordered but did not pay in a timely fashion had their orders canceled. No one who did not pre-pay will be getting a Pandora.

Back