Pandora production statistics

amyren

For those, like myself, who still avaits their Pandora, it would be nice to know how many units thats have been made so far.

I have read many news about one more hundred made and so on, but I have lost the count long time ago.

So what about a thread only for summarizing shipped units?

I have an order number looking like this, 123ABC1234. (number received in email from Jacquelyn) Does the last 4 digits equal my number in the que?

For those, like myself, who still avaits their Pandora, it would be nice to know how many units thats have been made so far.

I have read many news about one more hundred made and so on, but I have lost the count long time ago.

So what about a thread only for summarizing shipped units?

I have an order number looking like this, 123ABC1234. (number received in email from Jacquelyn) Does the last 4 digits equal my number in the que?
No, I think that might encode the date, or maybe your sequence in the ordering. Don't forget that a significant proportion of those who ordered very early didn't re-order.

Best bet is to compare the time you ordered against the thread on the gp32x forum (which implies we are still only in the first 1-2 hours of ordering). To be honest, I think all you can do for now is wait till production picks up again, since it's not clear if it's going to be this week or next that any more ship until it actually happens - and then maybe from some point not too far away we get into 500 per week (and your precise position becomes less relevant, since it's only a week wait or so if you ordered near to day 1)

Thanks for the reply. I asume you are refering to the thread "I got my Pandora", and I have now looked through the 10 pages of posts on that thread.

Youre right about my ordering number, the four last digits is the date of ordering. 1639 - and I ordered on the 16 march 2009.

I was thinking that I was number 1639 in the que, but by coincidence that might be not so far away. I read about one guy that ordered in june 09, that said he had que number around 1800.

The only prduction number I was able to find in the thread was 350 - 400, but this was a month ago or something. If they start making 500 per week, my order should only be a couple of weeks away then?

If they start making 500 per week, my order should only be a couple of weeks away then?
When they start coming out at 500 per week, then your order should only be a couple weeks away. There are some hiccups to be resolved before they start coming out again. The time before they start coming out again is somewhat up in the air at the moment.

^ He's not trolling you, he's just implying that things have been up in the air for a long time, not just at the moment. :)

(This translation does not necessarily reflect my own views etc. :/)

^ He's not trolling you, he's just implying that things have been up in the air for a long time, not just at the moment. :)

(This translation does not necessarily reflect my own views etc. :/)
Oh, well I was just using it as synonymous for "currently", not trying to imply that it was "only" at the moment!

[..]

Youre right about my ordering number, the four last digits is the date of ordering. 1639 - and I ordered on the 16 march 2009.

I was thinking that I was number 1639 in the que, but by coincidence that might be not so far away. I read about one guy that ordered in june 09, that said he had que number around 1800.

The only prduction number I was able to find in the thread was 350 - 400, but this was a month ago or something. If they start making 500 per week, my order should only be a couple of weeks away then?
Well, I ordered in September 2008.. and by October some 3500 devices had been ordered (at least), so I don't see how it's possible to be #1800 in the queue by ordering 9 months later. I'm guessing you ordered through the German shop, because the last 4 digits of my (UK) order bears no resemblance to my actual order date. Thus, it could be that the guy with queue number 1800 was actually #1800 at the German shop.. but that's not the same as #1800 in total.

I'm still waiting for mine.

Well, I ordered in September 2008.. and by October some 3500 devices had been ordered (at least), so I don't see how it's possible to be #1800 in the queue by ordering 9 months later. I'm guessing you ordered through the German shop, because the last 4 digits of my (UK) order bears no resemblance to my actual order date. Thus, it could be that the guy with queue number 1800 was actually #1800 at the German shop.. but that's not the same as #1800 in total.

I'm still waiting for mine.

My guess is that almost all the people who did not order on in Sep 2008 did not keep their place in the queue (either cancelled altogether, or delayed re-ordering till much later). I ordered Feb 2009, when ordering re-opened, which seemed to get me a position (as of June 2010) somewhere near 1500. I've got mine now - but only because I took a one-nubber - and the LCD cable is just starting to play-up, but I'm still happy.

Hmm.. are you saying that the re-ordering process by itself also lost our original positions in the queue? I'm not certain if that's what you mean, if it really happened it would be.. unexpected and annoying.

Hmm.. are you saying that the re-ordering process by itself also lost our original positions in the queue? I'm not certain if that's what you mean, if it really happened it would be.. unexpected and annoying.
I'm not completely sure, but I thought that people who re-ordered really late have indeed lost their position in the queue.

I'm not completely sure, but I thought that people who re-ordered really late have indeed lost their position in the queue.
I've heard that, but there hasn't been any information provided about how late is too late. Personally, that bugs me if those of us in the US who ended up needing to send in our checks via USPS end up being requed as a result. Whereas people in Europe that get free or cheap transfers wouldn't be so effected. But, without knowing how long they regarded as long, it's really hard to know whether or not there's anything to be upset about.

So, I'm not. B)

I'm going to be more than a little pissed... well, more pissed than I have been so far, anyway (which is basically "not at all"), if that is the case. I ordered around 2300 GMT on September 30th, 2008 (or whatever the first day was), and I have been working under the impression that I am somewhere around 850-1250 in the Queue from Craig's shop. However, when the credit card mixup happened, I was forced to send in a check all the way from across the Atlantic, which may well have taken quite a while to reach them. It would seem a little unprofessional to me if they couldn't keep the preorders in the same order through all of that, but there have been a lot of cases of "unprofessionality*" here, so...

*Not that I'm particularly upset, or anything. I understand fully the challenges that OP has had to face, and I decided long ago that I was willing to put up with any troubles or delays that came my way, for the sake of being a part of something awesome. I just hope they were able to remember when I ordered.

I'm going to be more than a little pissed... well, more pissed than I have been so far, anyway (which is basically "not at all"), if that is the case. I ordered around 2300 GMT on September 30th, 2008 (or whatever the first day was), and I have been working under the impression that I am somewhere around 850-1250 in the Queue from Craig's shop. However, when the credit card mixup happened, I was forced to send in a check all the way from across the Atlantic, which may well have taken quite a while to reach them. It would seem a little unprofessional to me if they couldn't keep the preorders in the same order through all of that, but there have been a lot of cases of "unprofessionality*" here, so...
They didn't cancel orders and take new ones until January. If you re-paid within 3 months you should be fine.

They didn't cancel orders and take new ones until January. If you re-paid within 3 months you should be fine.
Yeah, it would be nice to get some sort of official word, although I can definitely understand why not. As it is there's no real way of knowing and so it ends up in speculation. I tend to suspect that if it was something legitimate like having to mail a check, or even having to try again, that they wouldn't drop people down the list for that. But without any official word, we're really left to assume that it was just people that were for whatever reason milking the period of time given.

Hello people!

I'm Nitrozzy7, I live in Greece and this is my first post.

Since I learned about the Pandora I have started two threads in two other forums.

Here are the links:

The Escapist Forums

Epic Battle Axe Forums

As you've seen I've added polls. This is because I wanted to know what those people think about Pandora.

In order to save you from the trouble of reading them, I'll let you know that the majority of those people think Pandora is overpriced and there are those who think it's a FAIL.

Imo, Pandora is reasonably priced but still it is expensive. Having said that, I find the console to be almost perfect. Almost, because it doesn't have an OLED screen which would have been awesome since as far as I know it is a far better screen than LCD. In other words I'd rather pay 400EUR and get a OLED fitted Pandora rather than paying 330EUR for the LCD fitted one... On top of that I'm very eager to know if there are going to be some made-for-Pandora games and IF we're gonna see a price-cut lets say a year or two after it goes on mass production.

Now there's one more thing... GO! PANDORA GO!

Now that I think of it, I'd rather have a 3DS kind of screen. And of course the hardcore software to make it thrive...

One thing I know for sure... Pandora needs a huge support from the programmer's and game developers' community in order to rule the market.

Yes, I do think it has the potential to rule the handheld market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello people!

I'm Nitrozzy7, I live in Greece and this is my first post.

Since I learned about the Pandora I have started two threads in two other forums.

Here are the links:

The Escapist Forums

Epic Battle Axe Forums

As you've seen I've added polls. This is because I wanted to know what those people think about Pandora.

In order to save you from the trouble of reading them, I'll let you know that the majority of those people think Pandora is overpriced and there are those who think it's a FAIL.

Imo, Pandora is reasonably priced but still it is expensive. Having said that, I find the console to be almost perfect. Almost, because it doesn't have an OLED screen which would have been awesome since as far as I know it is a far better screen than LCD. In other words I'd rather pay 400EUR and get a OLED fitted Pandora rather than paying 330EUR for the LCD fitted one... On top of that I'm very eager to know if there are going to be some made-for-Pandora games and IF we're gonna see a price-cut lets say a year or two after it goes on mass production.

Now there's one more thing... GO! PANDORA GO!

Now that I think of it, I'd rather have a 3DS kind of screen. And of course the hardcore software to make it thrive...

One thing I know for sure... Pandora needs a huge support from the programmer's and game developers' community in order to rule the market.

Yes, I do think it has the potential to rule the handheld market.
oled screens only last 2 years, no? Show me a cheaper and better version, and I'll buy one - didn't think there was anything really comparable and available now.

it appears as if all of the people on those threads think the pandora does nothing more then emulation, its been said before, 330 euro is way too much for an emulation device, but once you look into everything else it can do, its easily underpriced, especially compared to all the $500-600 phones that cant do half of the stuff the panda does

Back